Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A dark crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I am not sure what your point is to be honest lol. Comparing a shimmer trinket to glamour crystal would be like comparing a Dwarf to summoned mana bread. They both exist in Gemstone :-)
    Good answer.

I wish these things kinda were updated to reflect more options when wearing them...like not just the color of a damn robe...But also offer maybe a few slight options for various slots of things...Like hair, unique facial items perhaps etc...

IE: look Bryce

You see a slightly tall, confident figure with wisps of white hair peeking out from the shadows of his hooded austere robes.

look Bryce

You see a large, rotund overshadowing figure with a glint of silver drawing out from the shadows of his hooded purple robes

Where one could change height, posture, weight, hair profile, facial distinguishing marks etc
    Last edited by Gizmo; 03-18-2021 at 06:09 PM.

I feel like people buy glamour crystals more for the "mystery factor" and less for the shimmer trinket "I want to hide or organize my look" factor

Quote Originally Posted by zhagen View Post
    I feel like people buy glamour crystals more for the "mystery factor" and less for the shimmer trinket "I want to hide or organize my look" factor
    The only reason to buy one is to hide everything when people look at you.

The sad thing is these don't disguise you as you enter/leave rooms, do any actions in a room, or just appear in the room list. If it did, I'd see a larger value in them.

If I want to organize my look, I prefer the new ways to the old

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

The sad thing is these don't disguise you as you enter/leave rooms, do any actions in a room, or just appear in the room list. If it did, I'd see a larger value in them.

They also will allow NO changes of any kind to be made to these by any merchant ever. I am not sure why though because there is tons of potential cash they could make.

Still... when you LOOK at a person who you have never seen before, you get a general "feel" or familiarity with them based on what they are wearing. If someone has a shimmer trinket on then their look might be more "well maintained/organized/less-cluttered" but when you LOOK and get "You see a slightly tall, confident figure with wisps of white hair peeking out from the shadows of his hooded austere robes." then you get a unique feeling of mystery/power/specialness..... I think that would be one of the main factors (FYI - I have never owned one)

Quote Originally Posted by zhagen View Post
    Still... when you LOOK at a person who you have never seen before, you get a general "feel" or familiarity with them based on what they are wearing. If someone has a shimmer trinket on then their look might be more "well maintained/organized/less-cluttered" but when you LOOK and get "You see a slightly tall, confident figure with wisps of white hair peeking out from the shadows of his hooded austere robes." then you get a unique feeling of mystery/power/specialness..... I think that would be one of the main factors (FYI - I have never owned one)
    The glamour rubs off, especially once you know the player name, and what profession they are etc etc...It would be much more enjoyable if it hid the player name per say..

IMO, this game has ALWAYS needed the GREET feature/function almost all old school MUDs have. That would be amazing

When I use my dark crystal I feel too spooky and have to turn it off.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

You don't get it. People sometimes try to argue the utility of luxury items. Like how people will say "ooh a $70,000 Corvette will totally blow a Bentley off the line, Id rather have a Corvette" all the while missing the point that the whole point of owning a Bentley is owning a Bentley, having others know it and has nothing or little to do with its practical use. Typicaly those are also people that can never afford said Bentley.

Well, the glamour crystal is the Bentley of GS4. Sure you can get a super nice Hyundai Genesis (shimmer trinket) thats 80% as functional and 5% of the cost but it will never be a Bentley.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    You don't get it. People sometimes try to argue the utility of luxury items. Like how people will say "ooh a $70,000 Corvette will totally blow a Bentley off the line, Id rather have a Corvette" all the while missing the point that the whole point of owning a Bentley is owning a Bentley, having others know it and has nothing or little to do with its practical use. Typicaly those are also people that can never afford said Bentley.

Well, the glamour crystal is the Bentley of GS4. Sure you can get a super nice Hyundai Genesis (shimmer trinket) thats 80% as functional and 5% of the cost but it will never be a Bentley.
    You can also be spooky with them.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by C.Difficile View Post
    the whole point of owning a Bentley is owning a Bentley
    This is the most ironic thing I've ever read.