Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: When is it acceptable to clear another person's warcamp?

  1. #1

    Default When is it acceptable to clear another person's warcamp?

    Alright so check it. I know it's proper etiquette not to get up in another person's warcamp grill, but is there an acceptable time period before it's okay to finish off the warcamp?

    Like let's say not a single critter has been killed inside a particular warcamp in 24 hours? 48 hours? 72 hours? Is there a point where it's accepted that someone probably isn't gonna finish that warcamp?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-17-2021 at 09:50 PM.

  2. Default

    I’m not sure what the rule is here, 24 hours seems like more than enough time. I also look at how many are left inside, if it’s a low number I’ll often just move on for good.

  3. #3

    Default

    I don't know about other folks, but if it is one I am hunting, you are welcome to it so long as I'm not physically in it at the time.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamsquatch View Post
    if it’s a low number I’ll often just move on for good.
    True, but it seems like sometimes I see the same warcamp have the same number for a day or two and it's less than 100, then I'm not sure if the person actually came back and finished it off or someone else did because they got impatient waiting for the original person to finish it off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Menos View Post
    I don't know about other folks, but if it is one I am hunting, you are welcome to it so long as I'm not physically in it at the time.
    All your warcamps are belong to me!

  5. #5

    Default

    I agree with Menos. If I'm not in it or outside it, then it's not mine to claim as far as I look at it.

    Likewise, I don't really warcamp much at all these days, but if I come across a camp and no one is inside or outside it and the alarm isn't up, it's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

    If you really want your boxes or goodies from the camp, then finish your meal and raze it.

  6. #6

    Default

    Uhh... I feel the whole idea of claiming camps is kind of ridiculous. If there's nobody in it when you show up and nobody has announced on lnet something like "hey, I'm about to clear camp near X for GOS, nobody raze it", then it's good to go.

  7. #7

    Default

    Good to know claiming warcamps isn't much of a thing these days. Or is this like a bitterly contested thing like whether or not tapping a coin on the ground increases spawn rates?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Good to know claiming warcamps isn't much of a thing these days. Or is this like a bitterly contested thing like whether or not tapping a coin on the ground increases spawn rates?
    Unless you run into a major idiot, you won't really have an issue. Most people who go camping clear camps in one sitting anyway.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    Unless you run into a major idiot, you won't really have an issue. Most people who go camping clear camps in one sitting anyway.
    Yeah, that.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Or is this like a bitterly contested thing...
    Scarabs do NOT belong to the person picking your boxes. Go.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •