Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Since people keep asking.. Open to taking offers on Death Flaring UAC set.

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    If he did hit 1 billion he turned off fame like RIGHT before 1 billion
    There's a pretty good chance that when he got busted afk scripting, they stripped a ton of fame (and possibly exp) off of him too. It wouldn't be the first time that happened to someone who got busted.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

4 Villorn 2,014,131,822 100 M B Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    4 Villorn 2,014,131,822 100 M B Gnome
    100% chance his fame is higher than that. Once you approach the 32-bit integer that rolls your fame negative, checking in at the inn will pull you off the fame list, even if you haven't rolled negative yet.

Not sure what the exact number is or why it happens before hitting that 32-bit number instead of after hitting it, but I'm fairly certain all that's going to be fixed soon anyway.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    I have a question how do you blatantly afk script all night and never get in trouble. You capped on May 27th, 2020 and have 652,684,091 fame already. To put that in perspective Roblar has 1,083,361,898 fame.
    If you hunt until you can't carry anymore, unload, then quickly go back out and hunt, it's pretty easy to get 5m fame a day. Thanks to the loot cap, you make tons more toward the end of the month if you are doing that because it takes forever to become encumbered when you get no boxes or hardly any loot in general. I would also point out that fame is directly (and mostly) related to kills and level of things killed. Regardless of character experience, a person with more fame will have actually killed more creatures in their career because other things that offer fame are generally too minor compared to killing a single capped creature (for example).

Then there is DR arena...which can be good for 200+m fame per run if you farm a fast character the entire time. Pure professions, especially empaths, mages (who can also farm other's spawn fame with groups thanks to 950), and sorcs have a huge advantage there too. I literally have done arena as much as possible just to stave off people who get stupid fame only during DR. Most of my ranger's (over 2b) fame is still legit hunting, but I have 2 mages and a bard over 600m pretty much from DR. I think it's lame, but it is what it is.

I also script hunt and have 0 issues with it. My ranger has been here as long as someone like Roblar and I capped long before lich or general scripting was even used (at least before I ever heard of/used it). I wouldn't want to play still if had to type everything like the old days. I suggest you play the game how you want to and don't worry about how others enjoy it. Let the GMs handle policy violation. If you think someone has an unfair (legal) advantage, you have the option of using the same, otherwise, don't complain. This has been going on for experience gain unrelated to scripting too, like taking advantage of mechanics in certain areas, etc. I feel like that's a bigger deal, but whatever. It is what it is. It should not affect how I choose to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Arshwikk View Post
    If you hunt until you can't carry anymore, unload, then quickly go back out and hunt, it's pretty easy to get 5m fame a day. Thanks to the loot cap, you make tons more toward the end of the month if you are doing that because it takes forever to become encumbered when you get no boxes or hardly any loot in general. I would also point out that fame is directly (and mostly) related to kills and level of things killed. Regardless of character experience, a person with more fame will have actually killed more creatures in their career because other things that offer fame are generally too minor compared to killing a single capped creature (for example).

Then there is DR arena...which can be good for 200+m fame per run if you farm a fast character the entire time. Pure professions, especially empaths, mages (who can also farm other's spawn fame with groups thanks to 950), and sorcs have a huge advantage there too. I literally have done arena as much as possible just to stave off people who get stupid fame only during DR. Most of my ranger's (over 2b) fame is still legit hunting, but I have 2 mages and a bard over 600m pretty much from DR. I think it's lame, but it is what it is.

I also script hunt and have 0 issues with it. My ranger has been here as long as someone like Roblar and I capped long before lich or general scripting was even used (at least before I ever heard of/used it). I wouldn't want to play still if had to type everything like the old days. I suggest you play the game how you want to and don't worry about how others enjoy it. Let the GMs handle policy violation. If you think someone has an unfair (legal) advantage, you have the option of using the same, otherwise, don't complain. This has been going on for experience gain unrelated to scripting too, like taking advantage of mechanics in certain areas, etc. I feel like that's a bigger deal, but whatever. It is what it is. It should not affect how I choose to play.
    I think his post is more about his super blatant 24/7 afk scripting being ignored by Simu than it is about how fame is calculated.

5m fame is 5000 kills at cap, assuming all kills are level 100. If OTF stayed swarming all day long I could probably pull that in just spamming 518, but no matter how you look at it, 5000 kills in a 24 hour period is pretty ridiculous.

To give a comparison from today, since I'm mostly loot capped and there's a nice legendary floating around in the hopper (got found the other day but the retard was afk so it got put back in), I took out a couple warcamps from 500 to 0 this morning with 2 bard alts with me to increase spawn rate, and I just finished the 2nd warcamp maybe a half hour ago. This is with a brief pause here and there for work bullshit, but since you don't really have to move around in warcamps, it's easy enough to just run a basic script that kills stuff as it comes in while being easy to monitor.

Anyway, point is I've killed roughly 1000 Grimswarm over the past few hours. Adjust kill speed down X amount since Villorn is a monk, which typically kill slower than wizards especially in aoe situations, which I'd usually move around the warcamp every few minutes so I wouldn't have to limit my aoe much, and well I'm sure you know how to do basic math to get an estimate of how long 5000 kills would take for a monk. Even for a wizard with a much faster kill rate and aoe, it would be an all day thing to kill that much.

The only "easy" way to do it would be if OTF stayed crowded and was swarming steadily for pretty much the whole day. Which there aren't usually many if any people running around up there to cause big swarms.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-27-2022 at 01:37 PM.