Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascension questions and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    What really gets me is the same people saying they have to make all of these nerfs for game balance reasons are the same people who recently introduced an NPC that instantly gives everyone the following stats:

DS: 135
    STD: 30
    ETD: 30
    MTD: 20
    AS: 15
    Dodge: 40 ranks

Can't they at least be a little bit honest in their reasoning for nerfs here? That's all I ask for; honesty. Am I asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The goal is to homogenize time-to-kill, and I'm 99.99999999999999999% sure that that means they're going to nerf everyone else so they kill as slowly as squares, instead of speeding up TTK for squares.

I probably should have explained it a little better earlier.

Either way they're about to cunt up this whole game big time, and I don't doubt what you said either.
    I've never been a fan of attempts to make everything equal. Equally fun sure. Also, I'm hopeful that the model doesn't move towards more attrition and less critical killing.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Pures will have to die.
    Fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I've never been a fan of attempts to make everything equal. Equally fun sure. Also, I'm hopeful that the model doesn't move towards more attrition and less critical killing.
    They've been slowly moving in that direction for years. Now they're really gonna drop the hammer with Estild and Naijin running the show.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I think they've moved in that direction all they can for the existing game.

However, I'm almost 100% certain that all the post-cap crap will be 115% attrition based with an almost mandatory requirement to "group up" to take down one of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I think they've moved in that direction all they can for the existing game.

However, I'm almost 100% certain that all the post-cap crap will be 115% attrition based with an almost mandatory requirement to "group up" to take down one of these things.
    And still find a chipped brick and a rusty doorknob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Why are they talking about nerfing Song of Tonis/1035 on Discord?

And it doesn't sound like a minor nerf, it sounds like a huge nerf.

Why must all fun be ruined? I need answers.
    First, it seemed like many bards conceded to nerfs for 1030/1035, which was terrible from a messaging perspective and essentially gave them a license to nerf.

Second, I don't see too much of a hit on 1035, at least for personal use, if the 506 nerf a few years ago and the recent sale of a SK 1035 is any indication. I was surprised that they did not institute a group cooldown to 1035 at the time they did for 506, but I am certainly expecting one now.
    Discord: Jivan#1805

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    First, it seemed like many bards conceded to nerfs for 1030/1035, which was terrible from a messaging perspective and essentially gave them a license to nerf.
    Who were these bards exactly? I certainly didn’t concede to any nerfs.

Were these bards on Discord or what? Of course they conceded to nerfs on Discord. Discord is probably the worst thing to happen to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    Second, I don't see too much of a hit on 1035, at least for personal use, if the 506 nerf a few years ago and the recent sale of a SK 1035 is any indication. I was surprised that they did not institute a group cooldown to 1035 at the time they did for 506, but I am certainly expecting one now.
    But 1035 is much weaker than old school 506, even with it being a group Spell. At base it only lasts a minute, only reduces RT by 1 second, and costs 35 mana. With a lot of air lore investment you can get it to -3 seconds and with a lot of mental lore you can increase duration but then you miss out on making purify and 1035 stronger.

Why do GMs look at fully buffed spells and act like that’s the base and people didn’t invest a lot of training to buff it out? Like that just doesn’t matter.

Even fully buffed its -3 seconds RT, 35 mana, and 60 second base duration and requires people to be part of the bard’s group. It’s nice but GMs on Discord are acting like it needs a major nerf, it’s nowhere near that unbalanced.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-22-2021 at 09:14 PM.