Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascension questions and more!

1. Default

"Darn. Doesn't even fill up your saturation limit? All the experience is just gone? "

I ran into this, so I just boost-longed to get the exp down from saturated to fried or less, then turn in the bounty. That way, I was able to turn in gembounties over and over and over during the double bounty point month! Still have a shit ton of boost longs not to mention boost bounties...
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "Darn. Doesn't even fill up your saturation limit? All the experience is just gone? "

I ran into this, so I just boost-longed to get the exp down from saturated to fried or less, then turn in the bounty. That way, I was able to turn in gembounties over and over and over during the double bounty point month! Still have a shit ton of boost longs not to mention boost bounties...
    That's an awesome idea. I really should start saving gems again.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-17-2021 at 02:07 AM.

Why are they talking about nerfing Song of Tonis/1035 on Discord?

And it doesn't sound like a minor nerf, it sounds like a huge nerf.

Why must all fun be ruined? I need answers.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-21-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Because reasons.

Sadly 1030 is most likely going to see some of that Nerf bat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Because reasons.

Sadly 1030 is most likely going to see some of that Nerf bat as well.
    "Let's completely nerf bards! YAY!"
    Last edited by Tgo01; 04-22-2021 at 03:08 AM.

6. Default

I can see the nerf now:...

1035 works just as before except for some new music instrument requirements for the spell. To get non-group benefits, the bard must play a two-handed instrument with this spellsong. To provide the benefits to his group, the bard must add foot-symbols to his repertoire. To play the foot-symbols together with the two-handed instrument, the bard must be laying down, and fumbles will occur in stances less than full offense. The benefits of the spell are otherwise unchanged.
    Last edited by gilchristr; 04-22-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

1035 works just as before except for some new music instrument requirements for the spell. To get non-group benefits, the bard must play a two-handed instrument with this spellsong. To provide the benefits to his group, the bard must add foot-symbols to his repertoire. To play the foot-symbols together with the two-handed instrument, the bard must be laying down, and fumbles will occur in stances less than full offense. The benefits of the spell are otherwise unchanged.
    Oooohhhh! Someone is taking tips and lessons from sorcerer dev and applying it to bards!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    "Let's completely nerf bards! YAY!"
    What did you expect?

The radical change of combat coming up in PSM3 (I'm guessing this PSM3 is going to be a huge pain in a lot of players asses)
    The adjusted SMRv2 defense.
    The shift from CML to SMRv2 for combat maneuvers.
    The adjusted spells that incorporate new spells or update some older spells to function off SMRv2 or require setup of other spells to get full benefit of what was once a useful, standalone spell....

Complaints of some of the above adjustments don't fall on deaf ears. GMs basically, in a non-direct way, tell you to fuck off and things are working as intended.

Bards will see a swing of the nerf bat.....probably multiple swings.
    Then they'll switch over some stuff to utilize SMRv2 and blah, blah, blah.....

Personally, I've actually played very little since the SMRv2 defense adjustment was pushed out when they moved combat maneuvers from CML to SMRv2.

Naijin keeps saying, "You defend better now against all combat maneuvers with the change from CML to SMR! All pures rejoice!"
    Players keep saying, "You tanked the SMRv2 defense and my pures all lost 20-40 points. We get hit a lot more often on all SMR abilities and take a lot harder hits."
    Naijin says, "But you defend better against all combat maneuvers than you did before the change. I don't see the problem. You've improved."
    Players say, "My pures all lost 20-40 points. We get hit a lot more often on all SMR abilities and take a lot harder hits."
    Other players say, "My Semi characters, even after fixskill to boost Perception/CM/Dodge/FP are getting slaughtered in hunting grounds they used to be mostly survivable."
    Naijin says, "But you defend better against all combat maneuvers than you did before the change. I don't see the problem. You've improved."
    Finally after a bunch of complaining Naijin does acknowledge that there was a hit to SMRv2 defense for all pures and some semis. But that's where it was left. He hasn't said anything else on the matter and it's pretty much a "fuck you, deal with it" answer.

It's no fun under hunting by 5 levels and still having creatures get a 40-50% chance to steamroll my pures as I'm walking into a room because of the reduction of SMRv2 defense.

But don't worry, bards. After they get done with your kind you'll still be able to enjoy your bard like you used to........

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    He hasn't said anything else on the matter and it's pretty much a "fuck you, deal with it" answer.
    That's pretty much Naijin in a nutshell. When even some of the extreme ass-kissers on the officials are complaining about it, you know something is way wrong.

Estild and Naijin want to nerf everyone except squares. They're gonna move 1030 to SMR2, probably nerf the fuck out of 1035, etc.

A year from now everyone is going to be massively nerfed and equally boring to play, plinking away at everything you encounter like 40 HP at a time or something.

Then all the sycophants in Discord will be like "I don't understand how this happened!" after spending 24/7 in Discord sucking them both off every day.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-22-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible