Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascension questions and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Nothing was change for armor. It was always 2 and 6.

People have been believing a lie for years.
    Also worth noting that this makes a bigger difference in heavy armor. For full plate for example, if I train up to 330 ranks, the penalty drops 4%, down to 18% I think, so I might actually do that, withthe help of some enhancives. I doubt I'd bother with light armors.

Regarding armor mastery, don't forget that the spell training penalty is pretty severe. You get I think 5 spells with no penalty, and then lose something like 5% per learned spell after that.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    If you are concerned about disarm, get 101 ranks of brawling + 1 rank of TWC to mitigate the risk. But to be honest in your situation I wouldn't bother.
    Why would brawling and TWC mitigate disarm chance with a runestaff? I don't think SMRv2 or the disarm skill specifically take those skills into account.

Or did you mean having brawling skill would increase your DS while empty handed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquia View Post
    Or did you mean having brawling skill would increase your DS while empty handed?
    I imagine that is what they meant, yeah.

Can bards create bows/crossbows with sonic weapon? I could have sworn they could, or maybe they create sonic arrows/bolts?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Can bards create bows/crossbows with sonic weapon? I could have sworn they could, or maybe they create sonic arrows/bolts?
    no
    My dad always told me not to argue with fools or drunks. And I don't smell alcohol on your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcthundar View Post
    no
    Well that sucks. I was all excited for sonic flaring bolts

7. Default

incant 1012 crossbow
    Your spellsong is ready.
    You weave another verse into your harmony.
    The sonic lance in your right hand dissipates.
    You restart your song. [Cost is 4 mana]
    Unable to match weapon with input, setting to defaults. To specify a weapon type: SING {weapon}
    You begin singing and focus your voice into a vortex of air shaped like a sonic falchion, centered on your right hand.
    Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I think every bard would have a ranged weapon if that happened
    My dad always told me not to argue with fools or drunks. And I don't smell alcohol on your breath.

I forget how bounties/saturation works.

Let's say your mind is full at 1000 experience, you turn in a bounty worth 1000 experience, do you now have 2k experience in your head? Or do you instantly absorb some of that 1k bounty experience?

What about when you try to turn in a bounty when you are already saturated? Do you instantly absorb some of the bounty experience and the rest is lost forever? Or is all of the bounty experience lost forever?

I forget how bounties/saturation works.

Let's say your mind is full at 1000 experience, you turn in a bounty worth 1000 experience, do you now have 2k experience in your head? Or do you instantly absorb some of that 1k bounty experience?

What about when you try to turn in a bounty when you are already saturated? Do you instantly absorb some of the bounty experience and the rest is lost forever? Or is all of the bounty experience lost forever?
    If you turn in a bounty when fried, you get X amount into saturation until that hits its limit, the rest is instant exp. It'll show up on Uberbar as a 300+ pulse, for example.

If you turn in a bounty when saturated, you're fucked. You get nothing but the money and bounty points.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    If you turn in a bounty when fried, you get X amount into saturation until that hits its limit
    Any idea if the saturation limit is known? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    If you turn in a bounty when saturated, you're fucked. You get nothing but the money and bounty points.
    Darn. Doesn't even fill up your saturation limit? All the experience is just gone?