Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DR Arena Rogue Runs?

Default DR Arena Rogue Runs?

Anyone have any logs of "Easy" or at least non-life threatening Arena runs with a Rogue?

I ask because I want to see how they fare now a days in the Arena, since I'll I'm used to doing the Arena with is a capped sorcerer on ez mode.

If you can provide some logs or the typical method used for the arena for rogues, that be grand!

Thanks kbai!

Here is a pretty good run, self spelled + thurfels. My fastest solo time is only 132 seconds, but when put in a group with a Tonis Bard, we got it down to 100 seconds when I put away one hand crossbow and use my zelnorn buckler instead. That is truly a sight to see.

http://txt.do/18zgk
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Malvadere View Post
    Here is a pretty good run, self spelled + thurfels. My fastest solo time is only 132 seconds, but when put in a group with a Tonis Bard, we got it down to 100 seconds when I put away one hand crossbow and use my zelnorn buckler instead. That is truly a sight to see.

http://txt.do/18zgk
    Not bad. I wasn't sure how ranged would do in the Arena given sometimes it can be a PITA with plate wearing stuff.

Is this from the open, or hiding? It would seem hiding can add to the time a smidge, but not by much given smastery ranks and all that jazz

I assume it's only one hand crossbow and not two?
    Last edited by Gizmo; 03-01-2021 at 08:25 PM.

This is with two hand-crossbows, hence the five second RT. One hand crossbow is 4 seconds, which I think is bullshit since it's the same as light crossbows, but at least I get to use a shield. Hiding is a waste of time for me, would just slow me down, and waste TPs. My self-spelled DS is offensive with both crossbows out is something like 550, and 640 with a shield so there really is no need to hide for defensive purposes either. I don't have anything against hiding, but right now its worthless. Hopefully, there will be a day and a hunting ground that would kick my ass if I was out in the open. I'd be happy to hide then, but I'm not holding my breath.

"Tootski?"

Quote Originally Posted by Malvadere View Post
    This is with two hand-crossbows, hence the five second RT. One hand crossbow is 4 seconds, which I think is bullshit since it's the same as light crossbows, but at least I get to use a shield. Hiding is a waste of time for me, would just slow me down, and waste TPs. My self-spelled DS is offensive with both crossbows out is something like 550, and 640 with a shield so there really is no need to hide for defensive purposes either. I don't have anything against hiding, but right now its worthless. Hopefully, there will be a day and a hunting ground that would kick my ass if I was out in the open. I'd be happy to hide then, but I'm not holding my breath.
    So self spelled as in just MnS and MnE? Or also with the other profession circles on that are the norm.

Also, since you're in the open and all...What armor base you use?

I've always been hating on open fighting rogues, but you hit the nail on the head when ya said hiding right now is kinda worthless given the speed you can kill from the open.

I am currently in double leathers

"Tootski?"

Impressive log. I tried a basic hand crossbow when they first came out and it felt like a pea shooter. But I guess with a 650 AS you can do it. Would you mind sharing your stats and weapon specs? I'm curious to see how you got up to 650 AS.

I've done about 40 arena runs and my times are normally in the mid to high 200s with hiding and UAC punch, which is also only 5 seconds rt total, but sometimes I gotta leg or ewave if they're head is out of reach. And of course there's the crit randomization and aim misses so not everything is a one hit kill. Dual hand crossbows seems attractive for not having to worry about things being out of reach and then you also have the second shot in case the first doesn't kill.

Sure, I have +50 ranged enhansives, about +36 base Dex enhansives, and a few other contributing enhansives like ambush etc. Halfling with ~15 ascension points mixed between ranged, dex, and a few others. I also have 69 ranks in minor elemental. When I hunt The Scatter, my AS is 676 currently, thanks to my 10x zelnorn buckler, and T3 briars script on one of my crossbows (something I added right after that log). My crossbows are both only 7x, although I suppose I will eventually bring at least one of them up to 10x, if not both. I'm Malvadere#4092 on discord...hit me up anytime to hunt or chat.
    Last edited by Malvadere; 03-09-2021 at 07:13 PM.

"Tootski?"

Hiding is not a big deal in arena because you have round intervals. I couldn't possibly see an open build finishing faster than you are able to with ambush, since you can 1 shot with fast weapons like daggers, and you cut EBP in half.

If you wanted an ideal build I would say dual HCW daggers. Ideally you also want Acrobat's Leap for the tall critters. You also have to deal with the perceptive ones, which have plenty of ways to overcome.

You can also use vanish to buy an extra second of time when you need it.

I don't have a log to post but Rogues can wreck in the arena.. I average around 100-105 seconds and if I have bad luck and get a few things wearing plate it could take 130-135 seconds. I am a 3x stalking and hiding rogue archer but when doing arena I just do open archer. I did about 1k runs this past duskruin and think I got injured like 3 or 4 times. I have max ranged enhancive, max dex, agility and was running with an AS of 658. Can pop it to 700 if needed with some magic items I have but its just not needed. So in my opinion rogues do great in duskruin arena.