Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: This is what it's come to - Another example.

  1. #1

    Default This is what it's come to - Another example.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/us-socc...143845724.html

    A Native-American cripple removed from his position for stating facts and his perspective on a matter.

    Promptly relieved of his position and called a racist.

    Fucking pathetic what our Country is becoming.

    Edit: You're right Gelston - I just overreact. No reason to be worried or concerned at all.
    Last edited by Shaps; 03-01-2021 at 04:16 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    spoke for several minutes and used numerous racist, white supremacist talking points, and argued that peaceful protests "taint" the sacrifice made by military members.
    I was wondering if he actually used "racist, white supremacist" talking points, or if it was more like "You disagree with me so you're a racist, white supremacist!" It was the latter, I know that shocks everyone.

  3. #3

    Default

    Especially love the part where the responses from US Soccer and such say - "the importance of US Soccer's focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts".

    After firing a disabled Native American who expressed his opinion.

    The fucking pathetic ignorance and irony.

  4. #4

    Default

    Claiming he was citing FBI statistics, Jahn said “95% of deaths in black communities come at the hands of another black man.”
    Not sure if that is exactly right, but it's pretty damn close.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    31,013
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Are you against an organization being able to remove its members or no? Do you disagree with at-will employment?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Are you against an organization being able to remove its members or no? Do you disagree with at-will employment?
    Seriously?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Seriously?
    You couldn't come up with a real answer to the flaw in your argument being pointed out.. And "Seriously" was your fallback?



    Back under your bridge, Shaps.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    31,013
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes. It is a private organization, and they felt that his message was not congruent with the image they want to cultivate. You have the option to not watch if you disagree with their position.

    I would use that exact same line for any firing, for any reason, btw, whether they refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple or they refused to say the pledge of allegiance or any of that.
    Last edited by Gelston; 03-01-2021 at 07:31 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yes. It is a private organization, and they felt that his message was not congruent with the image they want to cultivate. You have the option to not watch if you disagree with their position.

    I would use that exact same line for any firing, for any reason, btw, whether they refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple or they refused to say the pledge of allegiance or any of that.
    Someone doesn't like you're white? Fired
    Someone doesn't like you're black? Fired
    Someone doesn't like your straight? Fired
    Someone doesn't like your gay? Fired
    Someone doesn't like who you voted for? Fired
    Someone doesn't like what your after work hobby is? Fired
    Someone doesn't like how you raise your kids? Fired
    Someone doesn't like how you think? Fired

    For any firing, for any reason right? I mean any of those standards a private organization might "feel that their message is not congruent with the image they want to cultivate". Right?

    The guy gave his opinion and stated facts. If that's a standard that you think the UNITED STATES Soccer Federation should not allow, then /shrug. Used to read and listen to your comments with respect, even if we did disagree here and there - past couple times though, feels like you're getting lazy with it.

    I wouldn't wish this on anyone, regardless of who they support or their personal beliefs. People really better hope it doesn't swing around to smack them in the face supporting positions like this.

    EDIT: And the way it's portrayed? Calling a Native American a racist? For stating facts and his opinion? Get the fuck outa here. You're better than that.
    Last edited by Shaps; 03-01-2021 at 08:05 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Are you against an organization being able to remove its members or no? Do you disagree with at-will employment?
    I think they have the right to fire him, I just think their reasoning for doing so is pretty dumb though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •