Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wyromania list?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    I'd say 95% chance it's either going to be 506 or 515, both of which are significantly more game changing than some extra DS.

Still not worth $20k, at least in my opinion.
    I don't think 515 generates on scrolls so they can't even go for that, but you have a good point with 506. But yeah, still not worth $20k.

I think one of the huge misconceptions is that the guy/girl who is dropping $20k on an item isn't retiring and having women strip for them. They are - and they will have a better retirement house, more women and better booze. This is play money, they arent sacrificing anything IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I don't think 515 generates on scrolls so they can't even go for that, but you have a good point with 506. But yeah, still not worth $20k.
    You're right, at least according to the wiki. But self knowledge 506 would be a game changer for plenty of builds. Imagine a berserking warrior running 506...

Quote Originally Posted by azim17 View Post
    I think one of the huge misconceptions is that the guy/girl who is dropping $20k on an item isn't retiring and having women strip for them. They are - and they will have a better retirement house, more women and better booze. This is play money, they arent sacrificing anything IRL.
    I dunno. I suspect some of the whales are sacrificing things to spend that much. Others aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The thing is with SK for a warrior, it's a pain for combat invocation items when you're wearing plate. I think he's a warrior, in which case, what's the hindrance on 506? Doesn't seem worth the trouble for something you need to invoke in combat due to short duration.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    The thing is with SK for a warrior, it's a pain for combat invocation items when you're wearing plate. I think he's a warrior, in which case, what's the hindrance on 506? Doesn't seem worth the trouble for something you need to invoke in combat due to short duration.
    Change the build to a light armor build, get tons of ARMOR points to spend on making it worthwhile.

I also agree with the general concern of the whales getting bored. After years of letting them buy whatever they want...the wish list gets more and more limited. Eventually you'd think they do get a sense of meh setting in.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by azim17 View Post
    I also agree with the general concern of the whales getting bored. After years of letting them buy whatever they want...the wish list gets more and more limited. Eventually you'd think they do get a sense of meh setting in.
    I did notice a couple of people whaling it up that I didn't really recognize from prior events. I think as the game lose old whales it would also acquire new ones. Hopefully if we always manage to maintain or even grow the whale population, we'd be good.

Jesus F'ing Christ, "you" (general you) people are insane.

I mean, how does someone rationally spend dozens of thousands of dollars on several lines of text, in a 40-year old text-based game... seriously.

Maybe my problem is thinking that people who play this game are at all "rational"...

(I do think some of the offerings were awesome though; Leafiara getting a fully decked-out Man'O'War, without needing the K.F. rep for it, is amazing, not to mention the private properties, the fully decked-out Trrixie bag, and several other things.)
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by mgoddess View Post

Maybe my problem is thinking that people who play this game are at all "rational"...
    Most people playing a subscription based text game in 2021 are not really rational, no doubt about that.