Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Say bye bye to violent video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Real magical ultimate power?

C'mon we both know you're just looking for +1 intelligence and +1 charisma to bring you outta the negative.

BOOM D&D roasted.

You must not know anything about ninjas, REAL NINJAS.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-25-2021 at 08:26 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/gt...c-sale-banned/

Bringing snowflakery to a whole new level.

I've played every GTA released to date and not once have I wanted to go car jack, murder, or rob someone.

Just wowza.
    https://games.slashdot.org/story/21/...to-carjackings

Some are skeptical of Rep. Williams claims however. Columnist Joe Jurado of the Root points out that the franchise is hardly new and widely distributed, with the latest iteration, GTA V, released eight years ago and having sold 130 million copies. He adds that attempting to ban the game would be incredibly difficult writing, "Let me entertain this stupid-ass notion for a second. Say they're successful and get the game off store shelves in Illinois. What are you going to do about digital sales? You're telling me that the state of Illinois is willing to expend the time, money, and technical know-how to block the game off of PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Epic Games, and the Rockstar storefront? I've worked for the state government, and I know damn well those Windows XP-using assholes ain't built for this life."
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

https://games.slashdot.org/story/21/...to-carjackings

Some are skeptical of Rep. Williams claims however. Columnist Joe Jurado of the Root points out that the franchise is hardly new and widely distributed, with the latest iteration, GTA V, released eight years ago and having sold 130 million copies. He adds that attempting to ban the game would be incredibly difficult writing, "Let me entertain this stupid-ass notion for a second. Say they're successful and get the game off store shelves in Illinois. What are you going to do about digital sales? You're telling me that the state of Illinois is willing to expend the time, money, and technical know-how to block the game off of PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Epic Games, and the Rockstar storefront? I've worked for the state government, and I know damn well those Windows XP-using assholes ain't built for this life."
    The online stores would stop sales themselves to comply with law. That doesn't stop a user from finding ways around it though.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-25-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

This remind me of some old episode of I think Tyra Banks where some guy's wife dragged him onto the show over his WoW addiction, said if he doesn't quit WoW she's leaving him.

So he's like "Ok." and then he "quits" WoW by breaking the disc in half on TV and then all the women cheer.

Pretty sure he went home and just got back on WoW after. I hope.

I can't find the full version, but it's from this:

Last edited by Methais; 02-25-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

I completely forgot that WoW ever came on a disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The online stores would stop sales themselves to comply with law. That doesn't stop a user from finding ways around it though.
    Yathink? Yathink webstores would stop game sales to a single US state, just because that state changed a law? I dunno, I think they'd object alot. In the name of dollars.

Blog Entries

Yathink? Yathink webstores would stop game sales to a single US state, just because that state changed a law? I dunno, I think they'd object alot. In the name of dollars.
    Yes. They do it based on zipcode. They already do it for some products, namely states that don't allow alcohol to be sold through mail. They'd of course try to appeal the law, but unless there is in an injunction, they aren't going to purposely violate the law.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-26-2021 at 01:23 PM.

They already do that for many things.

Also, they collect different sales taxes, based on location of the customer.

If you don't understand how that works, I feel for you. We already knew you were an idiot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Yes. They do it based on zipcode. They already do it for some products, namely states that don't allow alcohol to be sold through mail. They'd of course try to appeal the law, but unless there is in an injunction, they aren't going to purposely violate the law.
    Using a VPN should get around that pretty easily though wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Methais; 02-26-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Using a VPN should get around that pretty easily though wouldn't it?
    Foshizzle.