Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Say bye bye to violent video games?

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Pretty much this.

This bill is just virtue signalling, the rep in question trying to show his constituents that he is Doing Something.
    Until it passes.

You all seem to think the old norms apply. They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Until it passes.

You all seem to think the old norms apply. They don't.
    And even if it were, it would immediately be challenged in court by the ESA, and the court would issue an injunction preventing enforcement of the law pending the suit, given the numerous other nearly-identical statutes that have been struck down.

Your hyperventilation is amusing, but retarded as usual.

Blog Entries

Did you read the rest of what I wrote?

I said "it's been tried before, but people fought against it" then commented on how people are Twitter zombies now.

Goodness.
    Did you read what I wrote? It would be quickly destroyed by the first court it sees citing the 2011 ruling. It wasn't any "people fought against it", they almost never even make it to a floor vote, and when they do they are massively pwned. You can thank California for get the legal Precedent sorted out if by a snowball's chance in hell it ever made it to the President's desk.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-24-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I keep seeing the person above posting - and I keep not reading what they write. It's a nice change. Highly recommend it.

Fun watching them jump from post to post trying to get my recognition.

I keep seeing the person above posting - and I keep not reading what they write. It's a nice change. Highly recommend it.

Fun watching them jump from post to post trying to get my recognition.
    Thanks for giving me carte blanche to unilaterally shut down your retarded discussions in any thread. Who knew it was this easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Did you read what I wrote? It would be quickly destroyed by the first court it sees citing the 2011 ruling. It wasn't any "people fought against it", they almost never even make it to a floor vote, and when they do they are massively pwned. You can thank California for get the legal Precedent sorted out if by a snowball's chance in hell it ever made it to the President's desk.
    I'm saying - under normal/past circumstances yes.

I don't think these are normal circumstances, and people are going to be wondering WTF happened when stuff like this (which is already going on) actually succeeds.

I don't think these are normal circumstances, and people are going to be wondering WTF happened when stuff like this (which is already going on) actually succeeds.
    Even if your retarded fearmongering were justified, the court is even more conservative now than in 2011. It's 6-3 majority conservative, so your hysterical "BUT WHAT IF!?!?!?!?!?" means absolutely nothing. Back under your bridge, troll.

Blog Entries

Then you can take faith that the largest entertainment industry in the US would completely wreck any attempts at their profit being fucked with.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Then you can take faith that the largest entertainment industry in the US would completely wreck any attempts at their profit being fucked with.
    I'm saying irrational people are in positions of power in our government - and I don't put it past them, and the mindless sheep that follow them, to do something like this.

If you don't see all of the irrational crap being attempted currently, and think video games are immune, then I don't know what to tell you.

We can agree to disagree. We'll see how it plays out.

Edit: Prime examples just recently - DnD succumbing to the irrational mob, people in this game trying to change "crusader" and other terms, public warnings on the Muppet Show, etc. etc. etc.

They went after the fucking Muppet Show - you think GTA is immune. C'mon.
    Last edited by Shaps; 02-24-2021 at 11:34 AM.

I'm saying irrational people are in positions of power in our government - and I don't put it past them, and the mindless sheep that follow them, to do something like this.
    Good thing there's a healthy mix of people from both parties, right? Thus diminishing your breathless hysteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps
    If you don't see all of the irrational crap being attempted currently, and think video games are immune, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Undemonstrated weasel words. What "irrational crap" is being "currently attempted"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps
    We can agree to disagree. We'll see how it plays out.

Edit: Prime examples just recently - DnD succumbing to the irrational mob, people in this game trying to change "crusader" and other terms, public warnings on the Muppet Show, etc. etc. etc.

They went after the fucking Muppet Show - you think GTA is immune. C'mon.
    Ah, so you're confusing the choices of private developers -- which are free to do what they want to their own properties -- with government-mandated changes to private properties. So you either don't understand the difference or you're deliberately, erroneously conflating the two. As if your ignorance or intellectual dishonesty somehow constituted a position. Alas.