Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Say bye bye to violent video games?

Default Say bye bye to violent video games?

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/gt...c-sale-banned/

Bringing snowflakery to a whole new level.

I've played every GTA released to date and not once have I wanted to go car jack, murder, or rob someone.

Just wowza.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/gt...c-sale-banned/

Bringing snowflakery to a whole new level.

I've played every GTA released to date and not once have I wanted to go car jack, murder, or rob someone.

Just wowza.
    Ohhh.. you didn't think they'd come for things like this eventually?

The politicians in power right now are only interested in one thing - total control. It's been tried before, but the people fought against it - the majority of people these days are Twitter zombies who don't understand they're comfortable lives are going to get much worse and more restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    I can’t help but notice you left out you have never wanted to beat up hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

The politicians in power right now are only interested in one thing - total control. It's been tried before, but the people fought against it - the majority of people these days are Twitter zombies who don't understand they're comfortable lives are going to get much worse and more restricted.
    I mean, I'm not at all surprised that it's the democrats that are pushing this. But to be clear, the bill this article talks about, HB3531, is specific to Illinois, land of many, many democrats thanks to Chicago, and the politician that is proposing this is a state representative, not a national rep. This is limited to Illinois, and not the rest of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I can’t help but notice you left out you have never wanted to beat up hookers.
    Wayne Brady knows the struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    I mean, I'm not at all surprised that it's the democrats that are pushing this. But to be clear, the bill this article talks about, HB3531, is specific to Illinois, land of many, many democrats thanks to Chicago, and the politician that is proposing this is a state representative, not a national rep. This is limited to Illinois, and not the rest of the US.
    Doesn't matter from my perspective. Pass it one place, leads to others. Hopefully it's struck down by higher courts if it does pass, but seeing as how scared shitless the Supreme Court is lately - who the fuck knows what's going to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

What do you mean "eventually"? They come after video games constantly and always lose handily.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Besides, a similar law in California was just struck down by the Supreme Court in 2011. There is already a precedent for this being UnConstitutional. It wasn't even a close ruling, 7-2.
    Last edited by Gelston; 02-24-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    What do you mean "eventually"? They come after video games constantly and always lose handily.
    Pretty much this.

This bill is just virtue signalling, the rep in question trying to show his constituents that he is Doing Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Did you read the rest of what I wrote?

I said "it's been tried before, but people fought against it" then commented on how people are Twitter zombies now.

Goodness.