Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Politicians have lost their way

Default Our Politicians have lost their way

https://www.yahoo.com/news/social-me...230128953.html

When you have the Mexican President supporting American ideals and the law of free speech more than your own Politicians... you know we're in bizarro world.

Hopefully at the State and local levels in the 2022 elections the citizenry starts taking this country back from the jackasses we have in power now.

Mexico is ranked nearly at the top of the list of countries with the most atrocious censorship and for attacks on reporters, barely behind the worst dictatorships in the world. They don't get a free pass simply because they don't want Facebook to censor their lies like they did Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Mexico is ranked nearly at the top of the list of countries with the most atrocious censorship and for attacks on reporters, barely behind the worst dictatorships in the world. They don't get a free pass simply because they don't want Facebook to censor their lies like they did Trump
    And they should lose their 230 protections BECAUSE they censor people. Let the free market deal with them then.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    That's why I called it Bizarro world you dipshit. Learn to understand context instead of your blind hatred. Your hypocrisy, and that of the current political majority, is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    And they should lose their 230 protections BECAUSE they censor people. Let the free market deal with them then.
    Let's hear your fantasy about what you magical abilities you (incorrectly, retardedly) think 230 gives tech companies.

RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

That's a nice evasion attempt, but an unsuccessful one. There's no problem with that article. There's a problem with numerous conservatives, including you idiots on this board, misrepresenting what it does. So let's hear one of those board conservatives, in their own words, state what behavior 230 supposedly facilitates, and why repealing it would accomplish the desired effect.

Spoiler Alert: If you think it has anything to do with the platforms' ability to remove Donald Trump, you're incorrect. If you think repealing it would lead to conservatives being able to say anything they want on social media without repercussion, you're basically about as wrong as you could be.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 02-24-2021 at 10:10 AM.

That's a nice evasion attempt, but an unsuccessful one. There's no problem with that article. There's a problem with numerous conservatives, including you idiots on this board, misrepresenting what it does. So let's hear one of those board conservatives, in their own words, state what behavior 230 supposedly facilitates, and why repealing it would accomplish the desired effect.

Spoiler Alert: If you think it has anything to do with the platforms' ability to remove Donald Trump, you're incorrect. If you think repealing it would lead to conservatives being able to say anything they want on social media without repercussion, you're basically about as wrong as you could be.
    What are you talking about? I literally answered a dumb question you asked.

Remove the 230 and let the free market work. As it is currently, the Tech companies can do whatever they want to do with their platform without repercussions from people who feel they've been wronged.

Let's let the court decide.

But the Biden Administration and Congress won't want to do anything since the tech companies are doing their bidding.. so we will have to wait until 2022.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    What are you talking about? I literally answered a dumb question you asked.
    Except for that whole inconvenient part where no, you didn't answer it, and as we'll see, the next sentence out of your mouth demonstrates your ignorance, so it was quite pointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit
    Remove the 230 and let the free market work. As it is currently, the Tech companies can do whatever they want to do with their platform without repercussions from people who feel they've been wronged.
    230 doesn't have anything to do with "the free market." So we're back to the validity of my question -- conservative ignorance about what the law does, since you were too stupid to understand the point of the question. 230 doesn't give tech companies the ability or permission to do literally ANYTHING they didn't have the power to do prior to the law. All it does is clarify liability, and transfer the liability for a user's statement to the user, and not the tech company hosting the user's statement. For example, who's responsible right now for your retarded statements on the PC? You. If 230 were repealed, Kranar becomes responsible. The result? Way more heavy-handed moderation, either in scanning posts constantly and taking down anything controversial, or making all comments be explicitly approved through a queue. Most platforms simply wouldn't allow public discussion, since it would be crazy risk, legally, for the platform.

Let's let the court decide.
    This doesn't make any sense at all. Are you under the ignorant assumption -- yet again -- that there's currently a case involving 230 making its way through the courts? There isn't. The conservative-majority Court declined to hear the most recent one.

But the Biden Administration and Congress won't want to do anything since the tech companies are doing their bidding.. so we will have to wait until 2022.
    This is the only thing you've said that isn't monumentally retarded, though you've attributed it to them "doing their bidding" rather than "230 serves the public interest."

Spoiler Alert: There's a shit ton to criticize about tech companies, and the essential monopoly that the lack of federal regulation, which Republicans hate, helped create. But you're too poorly informed about the topic to have a meaningful opinion on the subject, just like everything else in your life.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 02-24-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Let's hear your fantasy about what you magical abilities you (incorrectly, retardedly) think 230 gives tech companies.
    As has been explained plainly and clearly multiple times to you and others, Section 230 protects companies designated as "mediums" from lawsuit over what they transmit over their network. In order to have that protection, they must not edit, manipulate or restrict what is transmitted because then they become a publisher and are then libel for what they transmit. So, censoring people moves them out of the medium zone and into publisher.

Now, we need active enforcement of the law regarding this because right now, they are getting the best of both worlds.

So, if you remove those protections, Leftist pieces of shit like yourself and others can sue them for conservative articles calling you pieces of shit. And conversely Conservatives can then sue them for the complete fabrications and falsified propaganda they publish. The blizzard of lawsuits from all sides would possibly be fatal to them. So, if there were active enforcement of Section 230 rules, they would either have to stop censoring people to keep their protection or they would have to face the music like a publisher and likely get ripped to shreds by the ensuing lawsuits.

This is something like the 3rd or 4th time I have explained this to you. I used small words and simple sentences so if there is something you don't understand, you need to ask now because this will be the last. I am no longer entertaining you or back and others petulant game.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3