Thread: If you think there isn't shady shit going on....

Default If you think there isn't shady shit going on....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/media...ban/index.html

Then you are an idiot.

Google, Facebook, Twitter all need to have their 230 protections removed immediately. These fucking jackasses really think they run the world.... and right now it looks like they do.

Isn't this more about the free market and economics than some conspiracy to stifle free speech?

Blog Entries

The product doesn't get to decide what it sees.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Isn't this more about the free market and economics than some conspiracy to stifle free speech?
    I agree. Remove the protections they hide behind and let the free market actually work.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I don't follow... Australia is trying to force Facebook to pay for content it doesn't even put on the site and are really just a medium for people to share it over? And Facebook doesn't want to pay, so they remove said content from their platform. What am I missing here? I'm no fan of Facebook and haven't been on their platform in many years... but I don't see anything wrong with their decision on this one. On top of that, why? To fund Rupert Murdoch even further who owns 70% of the media in Australia? How does this even make sense?

I'm going to start posting on Facebook again and the Government needs to force them to pay me for my content. Sounds fair, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    I don't follow... Australia is trying to force Facebook to pay for content it doesn't even put on the site and are really just a medium for people to share it over? And Facebook doesn't want to pay, so they remove said content from their platform. What am I missing here? I'm no fan of Facebook and haven't been on their platform in many years... but I don't see anything wrong with their decision on this one. On top of that, why? To fund Rupert Murdoch even further who owns 70% of the media in Australia? How does this even make sense?

I'm going to start posting on Facebook again and the Government needs to force them to pay me for my content. Sounds fair, right?
    What it comes down to is similar to what NAPSTER was back in the day.

Facebook has news articles posted on it's site. Facebook receives ad revenue ($) for those articles. The content creators of those articles/media do not recieve compensation. So Facebook profits from the work of content creators without any licensing or restitution.

Australia was/is proposing laws that simply says - if Facebook is earning ad revenue from media produced by News organizations then some revenue should be paid to those entities.

Facebook is saying "hell no" to that. And in response they just shut all of Australia down - not just media/news/etc. but normal people - from posting links like that.

Facebook doesn't want to pay for the free content they get from people sharing work that is done by actual paid organizations.

Same thing going on with music currently with the DMCA or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    What it comes down to is similar to what NAPSTER was back in the day.

Facebook has news articles posted on it's site. Facebook receives ad revenue ($) for those articles. The content creators of those articles/media do not recieve compensation. So Facebook profits from the work of content creators without any licensing or restitution.

Australia was/is proposing laws that simply says - if Facebook is earning ad revenue from media produced by News organizations then some revenue should be paid to those entities.

Facebook is saying "hell no" to that. And in response they just shut all of Australia down - not just media/news/etc. but normal people - from posting links like that.

Facebook doesn't want to pay for the free content they get from people sharing work that is done by actual paid organizations.
    I don't use Facebook anymore, but what's wrong with simply saying okay...no news.
    Isn't that exactly what removing 230 will lead to?
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I don't use Facebook anymore, but what's wrong with simply saying okay...no news.
    Isn't that exactly what removing 230 will lead to?
    I agree with you - and we literally could examine it for hours - but my perspective is on how information around the world gets disseminated now. A lot of people rely on Facebook/Twitter/etc. to get their news or inform themselves.

I personally disagree with those sources as news sources because of the way the algorithms work, but because Facebook knows they have that power - and a lot of people rely on their platform for that type of information - to fully shut off a whole country (while cow-towing to China's demands still) says a lot.