Thread: Love the Hypocrisy

Default Love the Hypocrisy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-car...060045813.html

Some points:

1. They wait to the very last paragraph to tell you what the Bill actually is: "South Carolina's law requires doctors to perform ultrasounds to check for a heartbeat in the fetus. If one is detected, the abortion can only be performed if the pregnancy was caused by rape or incest or the mother’s life is in danger."

So they aren't actually stopping abortions. Heartbeats usually take 6-7 weeks to develop. So can get one before, use morning after, etc. Law still allows for rape, incest, and life in danger - which makes 100% sense. I personally think they could have compromised a little bit on the timeline (up to 4 months) given the controversy around this topic, but it's their State - that's what they chose.

2. Opponents say: "The South Carolina law, like those of other states that are currently being challenged, is “blatantly unconstitutional,” said Jenny Black, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood South Atlantic."

Now for the hypocrisy - I'm pretty sure sanctuary cities ignore Federal law right? I'm pretty sure states that make marijuana legal is against Federal law right? I'm pretty sure cities/states that make gun ownership illegal (or near impossible) is against Federal law right? I'm sure telling Federal officers they can't protect federal buildings goes against federal law right? But for this topic... Federal law really, I mean REALLY matters. Stop being fucking hypocrites.

3. I'm pretty sure there is something called States Rights. They passed the legislation, by an overwhelming majority, to apply to their state. Yet opponents who champion our legislators currently in Washington and espouse their power and rights per their position, eschew the same power and rights of State legislators? Again, hypocrisy.

To be honest, I don't care about abortion laws - dumbest shit ever - when a RATIONAL approach should be reasonable. Example: No abortions after the 4th month. If you can't make your mind up in 4 months if you want it or not, well damn... Then abortions are legal, but with some common sense guardrails on it so they're just not offing babies at 8 months like some of these wackos want to do. Those fuckers that support abortions up to the literal moment before a baby crowns should just be taken out back and shot IMO. You have to be a sick individual to support that nonsense.

I digress, you get what I'm saying. Meanwhile, they'll use this as a flashy ***look over here*** while our federal legislators continue doing all the shady business that the majority of people don't pay attention to.
    Last edited by Shaps; 02-19-2021 at 06:30 AM.

But eating meat is murder.

Jackasses.
    Last edited by Shaps; 02-19-2021 at 06:33 AM.