Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doubles vs. fulls for post-cap wizard

1. Default

I run doubles on my near cap ranged wiz. All you need is a hit to the head or other vulnerable areas to stop a hunt. At least with padded doubles. It's less likely to stop the hunt outright unless getting hit with a claidh or something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    may I recommend a sigil staff:

You focus on your fireleaf staff and notice brightly burning sigils corresponding to these spells:
    (1202) Iron Skin
    Good idea (and that's the route I'm going on my runestaff). Still need lots of 1202 scrolls though, right?

easy to unlock and charge 1202 scrolls and sigil staff does not lock them

Quote Originally Posted by Idalias View Post
    Good idea (and that's the route I'm going on my runestaff). Still need lots of 1202 scrolls though, right?
    1202 is not hard to find in my experience. Scrolls and empowerable/rechargeable magic items that you can charge as a wizard should cover you if you decide to go this route. Especially if you have any sorcerer friends that can help you out on the scrolls. The sigil staff idea is great for item management.

You could use 1750 items in a pinch. DR has also sold 1x day Iron Skin pins in the past, so those may come around again at some point.

Doubles, all the way.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    the new Elven Armor at full tier unlock reduces spell hinderance by 1% in that armor - not sure what kind of coin you are throwing around but thta may be worth it. It is is easier to enchant/ensorcell as its T1 ability.
    The Elven Armor is only for Studded Leather (AsG 11) or above, i believe.

Blog Entries

Several interesting ideas here. robes + 1202 + transformation lore is very intriguing, but probably not a route I'd go unless I had some way of self-casting 1202 on a somewhat reliable basis. Fulls + armor accessories works well. I tend to forget that you can use accessories to increase the ASG coverage of what you're wearing.

I'm planning to put the mana-infused armor script on this, so using Elven Armor won't work.

My understanding is that you can't use both armored casting + armored fluidity at the same time. Studded leathers are 9% base hindrance, which I think is going to be too painful to stomach.

Still leaning a bit towards doubles, I think, vs. fulls + accessories.
    It is changing with the new maneuvers update. fluidity is moving to a fittings service and armored casting is a regular one, they will be allowed on the same item. So studded would be 4% with fluidity and armored casting is changing to 3s hard RT instead of failing the cast. It mainly only doable if you have dodge complete so you have almost zero % chance to get hit in offensive.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    It is changing with the new maneuvers update. fluidity is moving to a fittings service and armored casting is a regular one, they will be allowed on the same item. So studded would be 4% with fluidity and armored casting is changing to 3s hard RT instead of failing the cast. It mainly only doable if you have dodge complete so you have almost zero % chance to get hit in offensive.
    2% with doubles and the new fluidity fitting that I don’t need to maintain often sounds pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    the new Elven Armor at full tier unlock reduces spell hinderance by 1% in that armor - not sure what kind of coin you are throwing around but thta may be worth it. It is is easier to enchant/ensorcell as its T1 ability.
    Looks like ASG 11 and above only
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...et_newest=true
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Blog Entries

2% with doubles and the new fluidity fitting that I don’t need to maintain often sounds pretty nice!
    With these new services I am going for zelnorn (requires at least studded) for the free AS, haven't decided on a script for it.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.