Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Second Impeachment Trial

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The Senate is given sole control over the trial portion because the power to impeach is specifically a Congressional oversight power. No one else should have control over that- least of all the Executive given that impeachment exists specifically to provide a check on that branch.

And as a reminder here- ***Senate Republicans*** were the ones who refused to try Trump before he left office. Democrats wanted to try him immediately.

Now they're turning around and making a completely inaccurate and wild argument that because it wasn't done before he left office, he can't be tried at all. To say that it's a transparent attempt to duck out of having to do their Constitutional duty is being generous.

The statute that discusses impeachment in the Constitution itself makes it very clear that their argument is based on literally nothing. The Constitution wasn't created to give the Executive a free pass in a President's last few months of office. And the fact that the impeachment process includes the decision to bar them from future office, completely invalidates any notion that you can't try someone who isn't currently in office.

To be VERY clear- Congressional Republicans have offered up our democracy and the rule of law for their own political ambitions.

They don't deserve to be in office.
    ROFL. From our anger management class dropout PB:

I know you went to GMAC.. but do they take people who can't even get their GED? You sound like someone who has never, ever taken a remedial level civics class. Go fuck yourself Andraste.
    Just so very upset. It's going to be okay PB. It really is.

Oh gods, it's time4hypocrisy here to tell us how yet again how our democracy is being subverted by the elected representatives voting in procedures as called for by the representative bodies.

We have a REPUBLIC you raging douche cunt. Voting on things while in office is what our representatives do. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it a threat to our Republic.

The Congress allowing the POTUS to ignore the law and refuse to enforce it by the stroke of a pen regarding things like DACA and now Deportations and so on, IS a threat to our Republic but hey, it's all good since it coincides with your extreme, criminal supporting, Leftist agenda. Also a threat, using courts to interfere with the enforcement of constitutionally enacted laws that have already been judged and upheld in the courts as constitutional, see again DACA, immigration law el al.

Please fuck off and get a clue.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    in before the white supremacist PC crew. (Tgo, PB, Caelric, Neveragain, Methais, beldannon5)

It's a damned shame that orange Julius won't be dragged out of court in shackles at the end of it, but I have hopes that at least it won't be the complete exoneration that the Republican party seems to be angling for.

We shall see.
    Nice projection there, rapist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Joe Neguse has a promising future.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    you sure are a racist person bhalzimo. it's funny how most people that call out people for being racist arae very much racist themselves
    Did you just call yourself racist?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    the trial is a sham, put on my the democrats who coudln't get him when he was in office, so are now trying when he is out. Caelric is right though, congress should not be deciding this. It would be like when someone kills someone you can't be on the jury if you know them or are friends with them. (just an example) Can I be fired from my job after I leave it and am done? Just curious. I know this is all because of TDS and because they don't want him to run again. Backbhalzimso of course is enjoying this because Trump touched them in their no no places. On a serious note can we get to fixing stuff that needs to be fixed. Also why is Biden acting like he is a dictator all these executive orders. Weird
    You're retarded, you can be tried for crimes you committed on the job even after you leave that job. I should be surprised you don't know this but after all your stupid shit I'm not.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Tens of millions of people still out of work because of Democrat policies, millions of people facing evictions, people can’t pay for food or rent, Democrats still haven’t sent out those 2k checks they promised if they won, Biden’s promise of 1 billion doses of vaccine being administered in 100 days is looking like big bullshit. And all the Democrats can talk about is this stupid impeachment for a man no longer in office.

You don’t give a single shit about people, Back. At the very least man up and admit it for once. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being.
    Do yo ever get tired of being the champion of a failed and disgraced administration? Does it ever seem grating to you to constantly grossly inflate numbers by factors of ten in blatant lies meant to support your bogus claims? Do you ever wake up in the morning and wonder why you keep blaming Democrats for the subjugation of the worker class that the Republicans have been pushing during their creation of the 1% Oligarchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    Imagine having absolutely no counterargument, writing "you're retarded, HURR, CHECKMATE LIBS" and thinking you walked away from that interaction as anything but an absolute imbecile.
    If you could keep your meltdown to the specially marked thread entitled "A Thread for Ashliana", I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

Don't spam your stupidity all over the place.

Thank you.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

ROFL. From our anger management class dropout PB:

Just so very upset. It's going to be okay PB. It really is.
    Which part isn't factually true?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    If you could keep your meltdown to the specially marked thread entitled "A Thread for Ashliana", I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

Don't spam your stupidity all over the place.

Thank you.
    You lashed out at Vishra, part of your ongoing post-Trump-loss meltdown. Sorry you couldn't deal with her position on the merits.

But it's okay, Parkbandit. Trump may have spectacularly lost the presidency and Congress -- causing you to lose your shit like your epic meltdown post-Obama's second victory -- but you survived then and you'll survive now. Just hang in there a little longer.