Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Second Impeachment Trial

Default Trump's Second Impeachment Trial

Today the Senate voted 56 to 44 that Trump's second impeachment trial IS constitutional.

Over the next week the impeachment managers make their case and Trump's lawyers argue the case.

Video shown by the impeachment managers to make their opening statement.

NSFW CAUTION: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE, LANGUAGE

in before the white supremacist PC crew. (Tgo, PB, Caelric, Neveragain, Methais, beldannon5, Neveragain)

It's a damned shame that orange Julius won't be dragged out of court in shackles at the end of it, but I have hopes that at least it won't be the complete exoneration that the Republican party seems to be angling for.

We shall see.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 02-11-2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason: forgot a racist
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

you sure are a racist person bhalzimo. it's funny how most people that call out people for being racist arae very much racist themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    in before the white supremacist PC crew. (Tgo, PB, Caelric, Neveragain, Methais)

It's a damned shame that orange Julius won't be dragged out of court in shackles at the end of it, but I have hopes that at least it won't be the complete exoneration that the Republican party seems to be angling for.

We shall see.
    Agreed its a shame he won't be unanimously convicted of treason.

But I'm hopeful more republicans will come over to the side of the constitution and rule of law. They gained 1 more today compared to the vote they held back in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Today the Senate voted 56 to 44 that Trump's second impeachment trial IS constitutional.
    I'm not going to argue one way or another whether the trial is constitutional but relying on Congress to determine constitutionality of something, especially in such a politically charged area, is problematic. This is the same Congress that has passed many, many unconstitutional laws in the past, including flat out racist laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Agreed its a shame he won't be unanimously convicted of treason.

But I'm hopeful more republicans will come over to the side of the constitution and rule of law. They gained 1 more today compared to the vote they held back in January.
    The defense has been laughable so far.

At least, it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

As soon as it appears to be ending poorly for the defense I think we may see some of the more spineless and fearful 4 5 sycophants come out of the woodwork against him.

Bets on who?
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 02-09-2021 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Wagers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Not cool with it at all. It's Tyrranical and not a bad argument for a full on armed revolution.
    You, just months ago when communists were trying to storm the federal building in Portland and federal police were trying to stop them.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    You, just months ago when communists were trying to storm the federal building in Portland and federal police were trying to stop them.
    Cute quote there buddy. Care to link the post for context or is that asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    You can't except Bhaalizmo to be consistent. He accuses everyone else of being racist while he himself is by far the biggest racist I have seen on the PC. Somehow surpassing even time4fun.