Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : PSM: Phase 3 Proposal - Feedback Requested

Default Official : PSM: Phase 3 Proposal - Feedback Requested

Hey all,

The Phase 3 design of the Player System Manager (PSM) update is ready for player feedback. This is the final of three phases which started back in September of 2020. This proposal includes a square review, maneuver review, new player systems, and more.

Disclaimer: This is just a design proposal. Any or all changes referenced in this document can and are likely to change as the mechanics are implemented and tested. Do not make any drastic decisions (such as training choices or purchases at events) for your characters based upon what is listed in this proposal. You will not be compensated or refunded for any adjustments made to this design after the fact.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tRoSP0Ragh3p88

- Naijin

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...et_newest=true

Hard read. Even the title "player system manager" sounds like gobldigook...
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Ok pushed through the tough read. It is obviously a good idea to provide AeO options for some maneuvers. So glad they finally got to that.

The weapon skills seem like they will end up being annoying in practice. The range ideas also seem like they will be annoying in practice. Both of these ideas seem to be motivated in reducing the user of mstrike and ambush - they say right in there. It seems like someone had the idea that ambush and mstrike were never "intended" to be used as often as they are, and it needs to be "fixed" Not a good motivation for a drastic design change.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Read the gobbledygook, Warriors lose 2 slots of weapon spec, get to share armor support and gain 2 points of WPS a week, so in about 40 years we'd be able to make our own claid level weapons? Or sell the 2 points I guess? No opinion on the critical counter level 50 feat as it seems to lack enough info to judge. Though hey 2 points of PS is vastly better then what rogues are getting on the list hah!
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

5. Default

Soo.. we're now playing a completely new game, like not even exagerrating.

Oh Naijin, I think with these changes it has totally altered the values of everyone's weapons and armor. But hey, whatever makes God Emperor Naijin happy.

Yes, this drastically changes a whole hell of a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Ok pushed through the tough read. It is obviously a good idea to provide AeO options for some maneuvers. So glad they finally got to that.

The weapon skills seem like they will end up being annoying in practice. The range ideas also seem like they will be annoying in practice. Both of these ideas seem to be motivated in reducing the user of mstrike and ambush - they say right in there. It seems like someone had the idea that ambush and mstrike were never "intended" to be used as often as they are, and it needs to be "fixed" Not a good motivation for a drastic design change.
    Exactly. Why would I ever shoot a bunch of bolts in the air for 5sec RT, when I can just multifire dual hand crossbows at everything and retain the properties of my crossbows in the same amount of time? Hope its awesome...
    Last edited by Malvadere; 02-07-2021 at 10:03 AM.
    "Wait...you complain how your life sucks to your masseuse?"

One time I farted on the set of Blue Lagoon...<slap>

"Tootski?"

www.bellaslament.wordpress.com

Blog Entries

Definitely a lot of neat ideas, I have a 41 rogue taking up space and a 20 warrior that I piddle with and I see a lot of cool things to mess around with and try.

But none of these are my mains so I wonder how big an impact it will have to high level folks (who most likely make up 80-90% of the folks impacted directly)
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

oh and with Warcries going to stamina I wonder what kind of impact that will be
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

10. Default

Holy hell. I might actually roll a square! These look amazing and dynamic.

However, might as well rename the game Gemstone V.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk