Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 151

Thread: Rage Against the Machine Unveil Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness'

  1. #1

    Default Rage Against the Machine Unveil Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness'

    I thought you guys would love this here in the Politics Forum, so here you go.

    https://www.spin.com/2021/01/rage-ag...e-documentary/

    Rage Against the Machine Unveil Killing in Thy Name Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness’

    If you were waiting for Rage Against the Machine to collectively chime in with their take on the modern revival of old-fashioned racism (which has always been there, but is far more prevalent in society now than it was five years ago), your day has come.

    Arguably the most politically charged band of all time has just released a short documentary called Killing in Thy Name in order to serve as “a fire escape from the fiction known as whiteness and a spring for discovery.”

    Of course, the film utilizes plenty of the band’s “Killing in the Name” as a soundtrack and reference, while the material itself goes into an explanation about how people who now consider themselves “white” have actually come from a wide variety of backgrounds and committed no shortage of atrocities over the centuries.



    ...and discuss.

    Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm right, you're wrong. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I hate fags & soyboys but I love Confederacy! Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktar / RapierSama View Post
    Reefer Madness from back in the day has been ridiculed and discredited it seems that a lot of it's claims, while sensationalized, are proving to be accurate.

  2. #2

    Default

    I tried to watch it, I really did.

    That is so fucked up what they are doing to those kids. Especially that first young girls reaction.

    This is what critical race theory will do to people. It's not a white or black or any other color thing. Humans have hurt and continue to hurt other humans using whatever fucked up excuse (such as race, ethnicity, tribe, etc.) they have to gain and retain power. To think it's a "white problem" damn.

    You have a problem with slavery? There is still the modern day slave trade going on. Right now. Join an organization and fight real racism, real slavery, real destitution. Is it good to learn from our history and advance our beliefs, of course (though you wouldn't know it from the destruction of history that occurred this past year in the US).

    But teaching children to hate themselves because they can't help how they were born, is disgusting. I don't care what color your skin is.

    Edit: This generation is falling so far behind in advancing "race relations", and ensuring moving forward we all view one another as humans, not members of a tribe which is separate from you. No Nation is perfect, history is rough, and we had a goal to achieve a society where your gender/race/sex/sexual orientation didn't matter. Now though? That's all that matters, and those in power know if they keep force feeding that narrative to people long enough they'll eventually succumb.

    You think progress is being made? What is happening now is actually reverting back to a time when humans denigrated and separated one another based on immutable characteristics. Sad to watch it happen.
    Last edited by Shaps; 01-25-2021 at 05:15 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I tried to watch it, I really did.

    That is so fucked up what they are doing to those kids. Especially that first young girls reaction.
    I disagree. Perhaps she needed her eyes opened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    This is what critical race theory will do to people. It's not a white or black or any other color thing. Humans have hurt and continue to hurt other humans using whatever fucked up excuse (such as race, ethnicity, tribe, etc.) they have to gain and retain power. To think it's a "white problem" damn.
    Seems like you missed the main point. That white wasn't an identity until it was made one, for a purpose. Before that you were Scottish, Irish, British, etc..

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    You have a problem with slavery? There is still the modern day slave trade going on. Right now. Join an organization and fight real racism, real slavery, real destitution. Is it good to learn from our history and advance our beliefs, of course (though you wouldn't know it from the destruction of history that occurred this past year in the US).

    But teaching children to hate themselves because they can't help how they were born, is disgusting. I don't care what color your skin is.
    I saw no hate being taught in this video, and I watched it twice. I think you must've had it within you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Edit: This generation is falling so far behind in advancing "race relations", and ensuring moving forward we all view one another as humans, not members of a tribe which is separate from you. No Nation is perfect, history is rough, and we had a goal to achieve a society where your gender/race/sex/sexual orientation didn't matter. Now though? That's all that matters, and those in power know if they keep force feeding that narrative to people long enough they'll eventually succumb.

    You think progress is being made? What is happening now is actually reverting back to a time when humans denigrated and separated one another based on immutable characteristics. Sad to watch it happen.
    I disagree. I think it's going the opposite direction, in the long run. With some speed bumps along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm right, you're wrong. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I hate fags & soyboys but I love Confederacy! Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktar / RapierSama View Post
    Reefer Madness from back in the day has been ridiculed and discredited it seems that a lot of it's claims, while sensationalized, are proving to be accurate.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I disagree. Perhaps she needed her eyes opened.



    Seems like you missed the main point. That white wasn't an identity until it was made one, for a purpose. Before that you were Scottish, Irish, British, etc..



    I saw no hate being taught in this video, and I watched it twice. I think you must've had it within you.



    I disagree. I think it's going the opposite direction, in the long run. With some speed bumps along the way.
    The fact you can watch that young girls reaction when she was asked, and have the response you just gave, tells me everything and anything I ever need to know about you.

    I am sarcastic on here a lot, but I do mean that.
    Last edited by Shaps; 01-25-2021 at 09:45 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Would you sit by a Chinese on a flight?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    The fact you can watch that young girls reaction when she was asked, and have the response you just gave, tells me everything and anything I ever need to know about you.

    I am sarcastic on here a lot, but I do mean that.
    What. You don't like that she considered whiteness and became saddened by it? Why?

    I thought that it was a long dramatic pause made all the more dramatic by the brevity of the question followed by what looked like the entirety of white history crossing her mind. Which seemed to make her sad and uncomfortable. Which is telling, considering her age.

    What do you think she was thinking about? What she learned in school? The words of her father? What she sees on TV?
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 01-25-2021 at 10:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm right, you're wrong. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I hate fags & soyboys but I love Confederacy! Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktar / RapierSama View Post
    Reefer Madness from back in the day has been ridiculed and discredited it seems that a lot of it's claims, while sensationalized, are proving to be accurate.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    What. You don't like that she considered whiteness and became saddened by it? Why?

    I thought that it was a long dramatic pause made all the more dramatic by the brevity of the question followed by what looked like the entirety of white history crossing her mind.
    Not going to get into this topic with you, because I already know if you view things as you've expressed, you already believe that way. You believe yours and I'll continue to believe mine - but your way will not end well, history tells us as much.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Not going to get into this topic with you, because I already know if you view things as you've expressed, you already believe that way. You believe yours and I'll continue to believe mine - but your way will not end well, history tells us as much.
    I don't know why you bothered to even respond if you couldn't be bothered to watch 15 minutes of video. You stopped watching when you become uncomfortable as she did.
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 01-25-2021 at 10:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm right, you're wrong. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    I hate fags & soyboys but I love Confederacy! Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocktar / RapierSama View Post
    Reefer Madness from back in the day has been ridiculed and discredited it seems that a lot of it's claims, while sensationalized, are proving to be accurate.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I don't know why you bothered to even respond if you couldn't be bothered to watch 15 minutes of video. You stopped watching when you become uncomfortable as she did.
    No I made sure to go back and re-watch it all and it gets worse.

    You keep believing teaching kids about their "whiteness" and immutable characteristics is how they should view the world, to feel remorse for how they were born, or disdain for themselves for being born a certain way is a "good" or "noble" thing. It will not end well.

    The fact you believe that, tells me all I need to know.

    I'll continue to believe the way I believe.

    This isn't like other topics where differing political views, sarcasm, and cracking jokes at one another applies, at least not for me. Hence, last thing I'll say on it.
    Last edited by Shaps; 01-25-2021 at 11:05 PM.

  10. #10

    Default

    Rich, entitled white men who are part of a has-been band who used to once rage against the rich and powerful now support the rich and powerful put out a documentary to try and shore up their pathetic has-been image by cashing in on the latest "All white people are evil!" craze sweeping the US.

    And what better moron to bring us this news than the ever so easily influenced Bhaalizmo?

    It's funny because a few days ago I said you listened to bands such as "Rage Against the Machine" back in your younger days because they spoke out against "the man" and now you are sucking the dick of "the man" because RATM are now sucking the dick of the man.

    Do you ever get tired of being such a shell of a human being?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •