Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    Just posted:
    I'm not a Reimer, but if say a group of 40 people was causing the problem, if they just split into 2 groups of 20 won't that still have the same effect?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    I'm not a Reimer, but if say a group of 40 people was causing the problem, if they just split into 2 groups of 20 won't that still have the same effect?
    I'm sure that's why they put that last part in about working things lower if what they've already implemented doesn't correct the issue.
    Lich: Eleftheros
    Discord: Eleftheros #0124

They’ve clarified on Discord that due to the way the game engine works, 50 people in one room is worse than 25 in 2 rooms, which is worse than 12/13 people in 4 rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The amount of info you have to send goes up by a square so it quickly gets out of hand. Each new person increases the load a non-linear amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewayn View Post
    They’ve clarified on Discord that due to the way the game engine works, 50 people in one room is worse than 25 in 2 rooms, which is worse than 12/13 people in 4 rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The amount of info you have to send goes up by a square so it quickly gets out of hand. Each new person increases the load a non-linear amount.
    Ah, interesting. I was assuming it was more linear, I guess.

Same as the old days of Ebon Gate, when there was one entrance in The Landing and hundreds of people would be there fucking around before it opened. It crashed several times, every year. Making entrances in each town wasn't just about convenience for players but it 'spread the weight out', so to say.

Same reason during invasions there is sometimes 'weather' or crashes but that has also gotten better as they spread out creature attacks.
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

I was right the whole time. Fuck the HOA bitches.

This game never dealt with crowds well. I used to think it was a lot worse on AOL, especially when I was on dial up. I didn't exactly blame hoa, I blamed the staff member who put all that kludge into the game engine.
    Staypuft marshmallow man was burned to death by no less than four positron beams. His only crime? Being a fatty.

Blog Entries

The last few nights, we've been noticing lag, which has primarily been related to large groups at a table receiving spellups. These groups are getting over 125 people in size, which is way too much. We put some efforts in place tonight to see if that solves it, but it's likely going to need a lot more fine tuning and possibly limits on how many people can be at a table. Please plan accordingly.

Wyrom, PM
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Funny how Dreavenings haven't been a problem for over a year now but suddenly with DR going on they're the cause of the problem.

Doubly funny because I was noticing a lot of lag even while I wasn't doing a Dreavening.