Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

Glad to see they were so concerned about lag in the game and this wasn't totally just a personal grudge one or more GMs had.

GMs and some players: OMG! The ease of access to spells from Dreavenings is ruining the game!!!!
    GMs: Here is an NPC that doesn't have mana and can instantly give you 4 hours of every spell, any time of the day!
    Players: OMG! Best change ever!

How did I know the same people who whined about Dreavenings "making the game too easy", "making people too reliant on spells", and "are destroying player interaction", are the same people praising this new NPC? It's like I can see the future or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    How did I know the same people who whined about Dreavenings "making the game too easy", "making people too reliant on spells", and "are destroying player interaction", are the same people praising this new NPC? It's like I can see the future or something.
    Well, if your patreon flops now...At least you'll know you can work full time as a Fortune Teller instead..

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Well, if your patreon flops now...At least you'll know you can work full time as a Fortune Teller instead..
    True dat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And everyone knew you didn't really care about the RP, cause nothing about this affects your RP games and community. You're being just as disingenuous. This only affects people only coming for the spells.

I hope they only bring it out for DR but who knows what they're planning.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

6. Default

You know, there was a line in the sand. It was kicked over in places, sure. It wasn't completely straight either.
    But this means that officially, you actually must have all of these to be considered baseline.

7. Default

I can literally hear the slurping of GM cock whenever I lurk on discord, it's cringe worthy.

Watch what happens when they start adding a simucoin price tag to that NPC.

"1,000 Simucoins for a spellup! wow! that sounds fair to me! ..slurping intensifies"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    And everyone knew you didn't really care about the RP, cause nothing about this affects your RP games and community. You're being just as disingenuous. This only affects people only coming for the spells.
    Bear in mind that he didn't HAVE to create games, or competitions, or whatever, but he did, and people participated.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Not to really give them ideas or anything, but if they do decide to have this new invoker thing start charging silvers/bs/simucoin/etc... it'd be interesting to see an ability to give the invoker a Spell Up Pill to get all the spells, instead of paying in whatever normal way it'll be. Since the Spellup Pills are simucoin items already, it isn't like they're missing out on that revenue.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    How am I being disingenuous? I started a 15 minute countdown specifically so I DIDN'T break any rules, i.e. I had everyone gather in one room then cast spells at everyone, this doesn't break any rules. I could just as easily have made it so I gave everyone full spells whenever they TAPped one of my guys, just like this NPC does, but that completely goes against their botting rules, which they strangely enough literally created bot to do now.

I created some games to help pass the time while the 15 minute countdown started, the large crowds encouraged socializing and roleplaying.

I really don't care about the GMs creating an NPC, I just wish the detractors and GMs were at least honest with it. It was never about "Oh no! Dreaven is making the game too easy!" because this NPC can be setup 24/7 and do spells instantly. Just look at Discord, filled with people saying dumb shit like "LOL! There goes Dreaven's Patreon!" Clearly this has been their issue the whole time, not game integrity, not "lack of socializing." Before I even had a Patreon their complaint was that I was "receiving too many silver tips." It's jealously pure and simple and people such as you refuse to admit it.

It was never about "OMG! You're lagging the game, Dreaven!" Because Wyrom has already settled on the problem being too many people in the same room at the same time, NOT the actual giving out of spells.

Honestly I have hardly played this game in about 2 years now, if the GMs were the slightest bit honest I'm sure they could check their logs/stats/whatever and confirm this. I have mostly kept my accounts up because people were enjoying the Dreavenings and I was keeping my scripts up to date. Contrary to popular belief I don't make much money via my Patreon, it barely covers the cost of 11 basic accounts, whatever is left certainly isn't worth all of the time I put into Dreavenings and making scripts, I did those things because I care about this community.

But if the community would rather get their spells from an NPC and people stop showing up to Dreavenings that's fine, I'll just close all of my accounts because then there is literally nothing left for me anymore in this game.

Just weird that someone who has maintained 11 accounts for years now, hasn't caused any trouble, mostly keeps to himself, and created probably the most popular event outside of GM events ever is the kind of person the GMs and certain players want to run out of this game, and it's even weirder that some people in this community cheer this odious action by the GMs on. It's pretty clear the GMs have become nothing but overgrown man-children who have forgotten all about what made this game great to begin with, and there are entirely too many toxic people in this community who praise whatever dumb shit the GMs do.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 02-23-2021 at 08:18 PM.