Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

Quote Originally Posted by stickyfingers View Post
    [Town Square, Small Park - 288]
    A small, shady park fills an old vacant lot behind a row of buildings, the bustling sounds of the square filtering through the passage to the north to animate the area despite its appearance of peace and serenity. A weatherworn grey marble statue of a stocky human in pioneer's clothing overlooks the park, his stone hat encrusted by the gifts of decades of passing birds and his right hand half-upraised as if it once held some now-missing object. You also see a half-elven invoker garbed in colorful layered robes

ask invoker about spells

Shaking back the layered sleeves of her multicolored robes, the invoker releases upon you a flurry of abjurations...

A light blue glow surrounds you.
    Nothing happens.
    Nothing happens.
    A deep blue glow surrounds you.
    A misty halo surrounds you.
    A silvery luminescence surrounds you.
    A bright luminescence surrounds you.
    A brilliant luminesence surrounds you.
    Glowing specks of light red energy begin to spin around you.
    You feel much stronger.
    You seem to blend into the surroundings better.
    The air about you shimmers slightly.
    You suddenly feel much more dextrous.
    Opening your mind's eye to the progression of time, a myriad of possible future events fills your consciousness.
    You feel your forehead pulse as your mind hardens to deter invading thoughts.
    A whirl of spiritual energy streaks down from above, creating a dully illuminated mantle around your form.

4 hours on stackables 2 hours on others it seems, 103/202 were nothing happens on my cleric
    Found out on lnet, don't see any official posting on main page or forums yet unless I missed it
    The "nothing happens" usually means you already have the spell active, and with a longer duration than what having it recast by the player/NPC in question would give you.

They should name the NPC Dreovan.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-23-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I wonder if the NPC is permanent.
    If it is, there go the 'Dreavenings unbalance the game' arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The "nothing happens" usually means you already have the spell active, and with a longer duration than what having it recast by the player/NPC in question would give you.

Honestly there should be some kind of in-game memorial. Change the statue to one of Dreaven, but keep the bird poop.
    Last edited by Taernath; 02-23-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    If it is, there go the 'Dreavenings unbalance the game' arguments.
    The one thing I've always wondered about those types of arguments is that big MA groups unbalance the game much more. Not only do members of a MA group get outside spells, they also get group spells and have other characters from the same owner helping out in case any individuals gets stunned or otherwise disabled. They also cause a lot more annoyance to the other players in an area by spiking up the critter spawn and generally causing screen scroll. Yet I almost never see the "self spelled, uphills & both ways in the snow" crowd complain much of MA groups.

4. Default

Naijin must have been bored yesterday.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post

I know that's why I was just mentioning which spells they were, although should be obvious with all others showing.

6. Default

Heh, I think Dreaven is also Half-elven.

So is it free? (for now...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The one thing I've always wondered about those types of arguments is that big MA groups unbalance the game much more. Not only do members of a MA group get outside spells, they also get group spells and have other characters from the same owner helping out in case any individuals gets stunned or otherwise disabled. They also cause a lot more annoyance to the other players in an area by spiking up the critter spawn and generally causing screen scroll. Yet I almost never see the "self spelled, uphills & both ways in the snow" crowd complain much of MA groups.
    The true grognards probably hate them too, but I suspect some have their own support crews they just don't talk about.

I suppose Simu could set Dreavbot to only spell you up once per day, but really that's all you'd need. How wild is it to make policies about spellup bots but then turn around and introduce an official one though?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

I'm getting the distinct impression that GM Coase was actually the one holding back the barbarians from breaching the city. I'm not sure, does anyone else think so?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I'm getting the distinct impression that GM Coase was actually the one holding back the barbarians from breaching the city. I'm not sure, does anyone else think so?
    I had that thought when they were trying to turn the game's lore all politically correct in response to the whole BLM thing going on close to a year ago.

Blog Entries

Great, now Dreaven can focus on the RP and not have to worry about all the spelling up. Sounds like a win.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.