Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

1. Default

Invoker is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Did they really? Christ what a shitshow they are running lately. What really gets me is the people who continue to go along with this shit. They're just like trained seals. "Oh there's lag? Oh look over here! Here is the problem! Oh wait, still lag? Oh look over there! There is the problem now!" For things that have never been an issue.
    What was actually said:

Naijin — Yesterday at 6:38 PM
    The sorting operation is the primary issue.

Estild — Yesterday at 6:40 PM
    See Naijin's comment. It doesn't magically sort itself.

Estild — Yesterday at 6:42 PM
    Naijin literally just had to update the locksmith pool framework due to the performance hit we noticed as we've recently been delving into potential sources of lag. There's definite and unavoidable performance constraints when you're dealing with a scripting language

Naijin — Yesterday at 6:42 PM
    Yeah, I spent a day or so making various updates to improve pool performance. Doing things in GSL isn't like doing them in Go (my favorite language, hiyooooo!). Sometimes things just need a little extra finessing.

So was the lock pool the cause of the game lag?
    Naijin — Today at 12:12 AM
    Not entirely, it was a contributor though.

Estild — Today at 12:12 AM
    It was resource intensive at times. As I noted on the forums: no one player, group of characters, script, system, or any other factor is the sole source of all lag. It's usually numerous contributing factors that cause lag to become an issue
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    What was actually said:

Naijin — Yesterday at 6:38 PM
    The sorting operation is the primary issue.

Estild — Yesterday at 6:40 PM
    See Naijin's comment. It doesn't magically sort itself.

Estild — Yesterday at 6:42 PM
    Naijin literally just had to update the locksmith pool framework due to the performance hit we noticed as we've recently been delving into potential sources of lag. There's definite and unavoidable performance constraints when you're dealing with a scripting language

Naijin — Yesterday at 6:42 PM
    Yeah, I spent a day or so making various updates to improve pool performance. Doing things in GSL isn't like doing them in Go (my favorite language, hiyooooo!). Sometimes things just need a little extra finessing.

So was the lock pool the cause of the game lag?
    Naijin — Today at 12:12 AM
    Not entirely, it was a contributor though.

Estild — Today at 12:12 AM
    It was resource intensive at times. As I noted on the forums: no one player, group of characters, script, system, or any other factor is the sole source of all lag. It's usually numerous contributing factors that cause lag to become an issue
    That actually sounds reasonable. They actually identified a potential source of lag, fixed the problem without complaining, and are probably now watching to see if it helped. That's all I asked from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Invoker is gone
    I thought you were joking at first but a lot of people on LNet are saying the same thing, that and I currently have almost 13% of the game's logged on population at my table with 10 minutes before I start spells kind of confirms it too.

I'm both surprised and not surprised. On the one hand they knew a 24/7 invoker was bad for game balance and was probably causing people to close spell up accounts, on the other hand the invoker was really popular.

Like I said on Discord though I'm sure they'll bring the invoker out for events and storylines taking place in Landing, or maybe she's on a schedule now and will come out during prime time hours only. Or maybe it was a mistake she was removed at all and she'll be back permanently later today.

Or maybe the invoker was causing lag so they had to remove her.

5. Default

I thought you were joking at first but a lot of people on LNet are saying the same thing, that and I currently have almost 13% of the game's logged on population at my table with 10 minutes before I start spells kind of confirms it too.

I'm both surprised and not surprised. On the one hand they knew a 24/7 invoker was bad for game balance and was probably causing people to close spell up accounts, on the other hand the invoker was really popular.

Like I said on Discord though I'm sure they'll bring the invoker out for events and storylines taking place in Landing, or maybe she's on a schedule now and will come out during prime time hours only. Or maybe it was a mistake she was removed at all and she'll be back permanently later today.

Or maybe the invoker was causing lag so they had to remove her.
    Just don't leave. Don't give into the corporate hate machine!

Link to your patreon.

The invoker is back apparently. I figured it was a mistake she was removed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Invoker is gone
    The invoker is back apparently. I figured it was a mistake she was removed.
    Last edited by Taernath; 03-16-2021 at 10:18 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

It's temporary. They're testing shit. It's why they never acknowledged or announced the invoker. Most likely Naijin's attempt to see if lag truly comes from Dreavenings.

If I had to take a wild guess a mem leak is causing all the lag.

Going by all of the complaints on the officials and Discord by people demanding the invoker be put back I'm really wondering if she was removed by accident or the GMs realized what they had done by creating the invoker then removing her. The invoker was gone for like what, an hour?

I really do wonder what their plans are for the invoker. Why just Landing? What is even the purpose of knowing 401/406/414/etc anymore? If you're in the Landing there is literally no point in knowing these spells. Their lack of communication isn't surprising though, these are GS GMs after all.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-16-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Going by all of the complaints on the officials and Discord by people demanding the invoker be put back I'm really wondering if she was removed by accident or the GMs realized what they had done by creating the invoker then removing her. The invoker was gone for like what, an hour?

I really do wonder what their plans are for the invoker. Why just Landing? What is even the purpose of knowing 401/406/414/etc anymore? If you're in the Landing there is literally no point in knowing these spells. Their lack of communication isn't surprising though, these are GS GMs after all.
    Get people hooked on the convenience, then start charging Simucoins for it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible