Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Treasure Update

1. Default Official: Treasure Update

On January 1st, 2021, we'll be making a significant update to treasure gain, specifically in reference to farming. Over the past several months, we've been monitoring treasure gain across all characters and accounts to gather some metrics. We noticed some very specific issues where the top 5% treasure generating characters are earning significantly more than the bottom 95% of characters. As an even more significant example of the problem, one character earned more than the bottom 60% of all characters combined. This activity is detrimental to the gaming environment and causes problems for players who are otherwise not trying to abuse the system for personal gain. It's also a significant issue that causes silver value to be pointless for some characters while others are barely earning any. When we try to price items and services to be worthwhile, we have to factor in both groups and as shown with the raffle prices at the last Ebon Gate, it often causes us to have to unfairly penalize the players that are not making 100s of million silver each month. As such, we will be implementing a system that has soft and hard caps to the amount of treasure an account can earn. Because of the metrics we gathered, we are able to precisely implement this update so that it doesn't affect 95% of players. For the 5% that are affected, when the soft cap is reached, it will apply a penalty to treasure gain that increases as more and more treasure is gained, until the hard cap is reached. We do not plan to share many details of this system, other than what's already stated, to avoid potential abuse of it. We realize this update may be unpopular with some players, but we feel the remaining 95% of players are better served with these restrictions in place.

GameMaster Estild
    Just posted on officials: https://forums.play.net/forums/GemSt...rner/view/1944
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 12-04-2020 at 08:25 PM.

When did Simutronics decide FREEDOM was the ENEMY?!

Blog Entries

Eat the rich.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

>one character earned more than the bottom 60% of all characters combined.

How is that even possible? I've heard last week that they were raking in 300m a week just from the treasure system and was pretty sceptical until this was posted.

This sounds like someone wasn't a fan of having an alt outbid and they were like 'yo, check this chuckle fuck, time to penalize them'.

6. Default

Making $1500 a week through GemStone is insane. That’s like well-to-do in many poorer parts of the country.

What're they going to do when they discover the 5% also plays 90% of the playerbase?

Blog Entries

so does this mean loot will be better for the 95% or just worse for the 5%?
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    so does this mean loot will be better for the 95% or just worse for the 5%?
    Worse for the 5% from what I understand.

Blog Entries

I actual find that someone making $1500 a week from putting time and energy into a video game encouraging for the gaming industry. The treasure system is already designed to reduce output the more it's hunted. Honestly, it does not take long to strip an area and I don't script hunt when I'm treasure hunting. They need fatter hoppers all around.

I mean deepening containers is all about staying in the field longer to carry loot........

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984