Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

I love Discord.

Me: I think the reason for the invoker was alluded to on the official forums: people felt pressured to leave quests/storylines/etc to grab spells at a Dreavening and the GMs decided to create the invoker and have him around during special occasions so people wouldn't feel pressured to leave these events early. Problem is they saw how popular the demand for spells was firsthand and now it's kind of hard to just take that on demand access to spells away.

Person 1 in regards to why the invoker is only in the Landing: its because in other towns dreaven didnt do the full spell up sessions, they've already said that

Person 2: The tl;dr summary is that Dreaven continues to believe the invoker was created to persecute him, and wants us to know that he doesn’t care.

This is right up there with "This is all the fault of Dreavenings! Why are you taking this so personally?"

Not sure why I even bothered to try and reason with the sycophants.

Almost 3 weeks after the invoker was introduced and Dreavenings still pull about half of what they used to. Sometimes we even see 70 people at the table. I now track how many people show up just for the pre-services and sometimes with those people combined with the people who stay for the spells it's about the same number of people pre-invoker.

The haters are gonna hate this but my Patreon hasn't really gone down all that much. In fact looking at the history of my earnings on Patreon I had a big jump in April of 2020 which then had a slow climb until it peaked in August of 2020 then it's been a pretty steady decline ever since then, and March follows the decline pretty spot on since August.

It's almost looking like a lot of people started playing during the lockdowns and as the lockdowns eased up people quit the game and thus dropped support for my Patreon, which of course they would if they no longer play the game.

Just my two cents. I am very appreciative of the people who still support my Patreon and I'll continue to do Dreavenings and offer pre-services and keep adding to the services as long as people still show up and continue to support me.

Blog Entries

Narrator: He cared.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Narrator: He cared.
    Oh you’re Melvin on Discord?

Blog Entries

I take it the invoker is permanent now?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I take it the invoker is permanent now?
    GMs still haven’t said anything one way or another as far as I know, but it’s looking like the invoker is permanent. People are asking for an invoker in each city and plat but the GMs have so far shot all those requests down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    GMs still haven’t said anything one way or another as far as I know, but it’s looking like the invoker is permanent. People are asking for an invoker in each city and plat but the GMs have so far shot all those requests down.
    Sounds like it's time to franchise Dreavenings into the other towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Sounds like it's time to franchise Dreavenings into the other towns.
    I am really considering it. Someone on Discord said the GMs have stated they specifically put the invoker in Landing and no other cities or plat because that's where I was doing Dreavenings so maybe I can do these people a favor and start doing Dreavenings in other cities so the GMs can put in an invoker for them

I wouldn't abandon the Landing as like I said I still get a lot of people at Dreavenings, I would probably hold Dreavenings in both cities, not sure how I would do that though. I do have a lot of banked free Chronomage tickets.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 03-14-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Oh you’re Melvin on Discord?
    No, but it's true.

Melivn is Melivn.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

9. Default

I love Discord...
    The culture on the discord channel have evolved to one that's sometimes pretty unpleasant and cliquish. I've mostly stopped keeping up with it. Playing the actual game, which I enjoy, is very different from talking about the game with a bunch of autists on a discord server anyway. Take a break from discord, it'll do you good.

The invoker is really convenient, so much so that I don't need my wizard alt nearly as much anymore, and I've been toying with the idea of consolidating all my characters into a single account. Once they confirm whether the NPC is permanent I'll be able to better make my decision then.

I would probably hold Dreavenings in both cities, not sure how I would do that though.
    Do a skeleton crew Dreavening with just a wizard, a spiritualist caster and maybe a warrior for armor support.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 03-14-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The culture on the discord channel have evolved to one that's sometimes pretty unpleasant and cliquish.
    The culture on the discord channel is sycophancy to an extreme level.