Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

1. Default Official: Reim Lag

From official forums:

Hey everyone, the lag from Reim has been getting worse. Tonight (2/4/2021), I see over 50 people in the area and the game is just grinding to a halt often.

We've made a lot of changes to try to accommodate the larger group hunts. We've worked on the room window and how the engine handles updates. We've updated how group contributions are handled, as well as how AoE spells are limited to help on how the messaging can create exponential strain on the game. We've talked with the groups who run Reim to try to limit their size. But it all hasn't been enough and the group size is bigger than ever. Moving forward, we're going to need to take more drastic measures, whether it's changing the mechanics of Reim or limiting group size. We've spent a lot of time and we've tried to work these issues out, but we can't allow this to cause issues with the game as a whole anymore.

If we're unable to come up with something fairly quick, we'll be temporarily closing down the area until we can complete it.

Wyrom, PM
    ...further down in same thread...

From Wyrom on discord.
    We've worked things out with those running the hunt and I think we're all on the same page. We really don't want to discourage groups. We have put a ton of effort with trying to get this handled. It's not just Reim. It's the command queue, which is why guild night saw it. We also updated how the room window (StormFront) handles things, which was a big help. The game can clearly handle big groups, it's just when messaging is happening it gets exponential bad when group size grows too high.

Blog Entries

It was pretty bad last night. At least they're acknowledging that Reim nights are causing issues.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Why is guild night so bad? How many people show up for that?

I have 80 people at a table all flinging spells at people and I’m pretty sure that doesn’t cause lag. At least not that I have noticed, but maybe I’m biased.

I was almost hopeful for a minute and then I saw this -

We've worked things out with those running the hunt and I think we're all on the same page.
    I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Avaia; 02-05-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    I was almost hopeful for a minute and then I saw this -

I guess we'll see.
    It'll probably be the same bullshit next run.

Maybe the threat of shutting it down got to them though. Otherwise, I would think Wyrom would have learned after this part:

We've talked with the groups who run Reim to try to limit their size. But it all hasn't been enough and the group size is bigger than ever.
    I had to just log out last night because shit was literally unplayable. Took like 10 minutes just to get my gems over to my bard and start purifying.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-05-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Is there a large MA group fucking things up? if so, how large?

7. Default

Supposedly like 50 people running it last night.

And dreaven i think the difference with your groups is that they arent changing rooms or looking multiple times to see the changes. Where as in reim there is multiple movements and people reviewing to ensure that all the mobs are dead constantly. But who really knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It'll probably be the same bullshit next run.
    I requested clarification on the Officials and this was the reply -

I talked with the organizer of the hunt and we came up with a number for how large the group can be. They are, in good faith, going to keep it to that size so we don't have to temporarily close it down. On our end, we are going to work on the mechanics to make sure that we do not go over that number anymore. If that works, perfect. If we're still experiencing issues, we'll have to find a number where it isn't a concern anymore.

Wyrom, PM

So fingers crossed that the new rules are followed and enforced/strengthened if need be. ::

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    So fingers crossed that the new rules are followed and enforced/strengthened if need be. ::
    Now that Wyrom has put himself out there as actively addressing this, it would be hard to imagine ongoing enforcement doesn't happen.

10. Default

Just posted:
    Hey Everyone, effective immediately I've put in a some changes to Reim. Groups with over 20 players will no longer receive spawns. If the lag continues, this number will continue to be worked lower.

Retser, SGM
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 02-05-2021 at 07:45 PM.