Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Reim Lag

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    The culture on the discord channel have evolved to one that's sometimes pretty unpleasant and cliquish. I've mostly stopped keeping up with it. Playing the actual game, which I enjoy, is very different from talking about the game with a bunch of autists on a discord server anyway. Take a break from discord, it'll do you good.
    I don't spend much time on Discord at all, I usually check it a couple of times a day to see if anyone needs help with one of my scripts and if anyone has sent me any private messages. I just noticed this discussion about Dreavenings and the invoker yesterday while I was looking for people who might have mentioned one of my scripts. I can't help but think I'm not missing a whole lot by not being very active on Discord.

Once they confirm whether the NPC is permanent I'll be able to better make my decision then.
    I can't help but think this is a big reason why the GMs haven't said anything one way or the other. Right now it's Schrodinger's invoker; the invoker can "fix the lag issue" but since the GMs won't comment on whether or not the invoker is permanent (since they said on the officials the invoker would just come out for special occasions) they can keep spell bot alt accounts active because people don't want to cancel their accounts only to find out the invoker disappears tomorrow.

But who even knows what the GMs are up to these days. I certainly didn't think the people who quibble and debate over weather or not the warrior warcry Seanette's Shout shouldn't give an extra +5 AS due to game balance would be the same people who create a permanent invoker that gives people +100 DS, +15AS and other assorted bonuses instantly at any time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    The culture on the discord channel is sycophancy to an extreme level.
    It really is crazy. I see the exact same people who have been giving me shit for years because Dreavenings "make the game too easy" now openly praise the GMs for creating the invoker.

I'd rather get my spells from an npc than a whiny begging mini-Hitler any day.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    Your jealousy has been noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Luntz View Post
    Paging Mr. Godwin, paging Mr Godwin. Your law is needed.

6. Default

Discord is full of yes-men. The game cannot improve with all these fucktards trying to squeeze RL money from the game.

Blog Entries

The culture on the discord channel have evolved to one that's sometimes pretty unpleasant and cliquish. I've mostly stopped keeping up with it. Playing the actual game, which I enjoy, is very different from talking about the game with a bunch of autists on a discord server anyway. Take a break from discord, it'll do you good.
    It's a combination of discord/chat room culture, the echo chamber of the officials, and about 30 years of encouraging players to be bestest buddies with staff members.

The invoker is really convenient, so much so that I don't need my wizard alt nearly as much anymore, and I've been toying with the idea of consolidating all my characters into a single account. Once they confirm whether the NPC is permanent I'll be able to better make my decision then.
    Yeah, same.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lysandus View Post
    Discord is full of yes-men. The game cannot improve with all these fucktards trying to squeeze RL money from the game.
    You were a creepy piece of shit who on top of posting the dumbest inane bullshit “proposals” got driven off discord for posting a meme using a IRL photo of a GM but yeah it was all their fault. Makes sense you’d come here to try post through it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lysandus View Post
    Oh hi Murrandii
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    You were a creepy piece of shit who on top of posting the dumbest inane bullshit “proposals” got driven off discord for posting a meme using a IRL photo of a GM but yeah it was all their fault. Makes sense you’d come here to try post through it
    He just changed his discord name, its cheeseburger#2238 now.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.