Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: problems installing lich

1. Default problems installing lich

I've tried walking through the steps listed several times. I am having difficulties installing lich, I get to where I am to install sqlite3 and it keeps wanting that over and over... ANy thoughts? running windows 7

There is some moment when installing ruby when you have to select which file extensions you want it to recognize and open. Make sure they are all checked. That was what I had trouble with last time I did a full install.

3. Default

Nice, thank you.

4. Default

If it keeps asking you to install sqlite3, then it's failing to install sqlite3. This usually happens if you install the wrong version of Ruby.
    Get Lich - Vote for Gemstone (topmudsites.com)

Thanks for the latest (.15 I believe) update to lich btw Tillmen. Works much smoother on my Win 7 rig. Gonna test out the Win 8 one soon.

I am having this same problem, tried uninstalling ruby, and reinstalling Ruby 2.0.0-p634 as suggested. I still get the SQL3lite install loop same as OP. I am on windows 7 64bit, but installing with 32bit ruby 2.0 as suggested. Not sure what else to try? even tried installing SQL3lite seperately.

7. Default

Open a command prompt as administrator (click on the start button, type cmd.exe into the search field, right-click on cmd.exe in the search results, click "Run as administrator")

Type
    c:\ruby200\bin\ruby.exe -v
    and hit enter.

Type
    c:\ruby200\bin\gem.bat install sqlite3 --source http://rubygems.org --no-ri --no-rdoc
    and hit enter.

copy/paste the results here (right-click, click select all, hit enter, paste here)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillmen View Post
    Open a command prompt as administrator (click on the start button, type cmd.exe into the search field, right-click on cmd.exe in the search results, click "Run as administrator")

Type
    c:\ruby200\bin\ruby.exe -v
    and hit enter.

Type
    c:\ruby200\bin\gem.bat install sqlite3 --source http://rubygems.org --no-ri --no-rdoc
    and hit enter.

copy/paste the results here (right-click, click select all, hit enter, paste here)
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\XXX>c:\ruby200\bin\ruby.exe -v
    ruby 2.0.0p598 (2014-11-13) [i386-mingw32]

C:\Users\XXX>c:\ruby200\bin\gem.bat install sqlite3 --source http://rubygems
    .org --no-ri --no-rdoc
    Successfully installed sqlite3-1.3.10-x86-mingw32
    WARNING: Unable to pull data from 'https://rubygems.org/': SSL_connect returned
    =1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (htt
    ps://rubygems.org/latest_specs.4.8.gz)
    1 gem installed

C:\Users\XXX>

It worked! That is really odd that the installers were not working, is that a Ruby issue?

Anyways, so far so good. Thank you! Also not sure if this is related but on bootup:

--- Lich: autoaccept has exited.
    --- Lich: enchantnotes active.
    --- Lich: error: cannot load such file -- ftools
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'

But so far as I can tell its not affecting anything.

10. Default

I'm not sure why sqlite installed when you did it manually but not when Lich tried to do it. It's the same command. Probably another UAC thing.

I think that error from enchantnotes can be fixed by downloading an update to the script.