Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curved monitor?

Default Curved monitor?

I typically use 2 monitors, one for work and one for watching a movie or playing GS at the same time. As my son's monitor went out a few weeks ago, I gave my second (flat) one to him. I just bought a new monitor today but it's curved. It was a pretty good deal at Best Buy and it was in stock, which is nice because there's definitely a shortage of a lot of things now due to Covid where I'm at. It's 27".

That means I now have one flat and one curved. I haven't set it up yet but wanted to check, does anyone here happen to use both a flat and a curved at the same time? Is it weird? Not sure if I should just return it and look for a 2nd flat instead. I do not do any PC gaming. Just web stuff, MS Office, GS, and streaming movies. I end up watching most of my TV at my desk from a monitor because I prefer to get other work done at the same time.

Appreciate any thoughts that anyone has.

Blog Entries

If you already have it you might as well use it. They're not that groundbreaking. Maybe trade the curved one to your son for the flat one you gave him if they're similar?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I'm a monitor enthusiast of sorts, and I've always thought curved monitors are kinda gimmicky outside of their limited applications (flight/driving sims, FPS, etc). Ive found a 43" inch quad HDMI monitor to be great for gemstone, multitasking and general gaming use.

Amazon (thru 3rd party) has one for 499 shipped right now(https://www.amazon.com/LG-43UN700-TB...dp/B08DZSJ4MM/)

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post
    I'm a monitor enthusiast of sorts, and I've always thought curved monitors are kinda gimmicky outside of their limited applications (flight/driving sims, FPS, etc). Ive found a 43" inch quad HDMI monitor to be great for gemstone, multitasking and general gaming use.

Amazon (thru 3rd party) has one for 499 shipped right now(https://www.amazon.com/LG-43UN700-TB...dp/B08DZSJ4MM/)
    Damn! I'd never seen anything like that. But now that I've seen it, I kind of want it. Curved monitor is going back!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLZrizz View Post

How close do you sit to that?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I have a curved 34" in the middle flanked by two 27" and I still have another 27" with high stand I am going to put above the 34 for flight sims when I finally get it setup. I like my curved 34 very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    How close do you sit to that?
    Probably about three feet on average, my desk is about 24" and I lean back a lot in my chair. Due to space constraints I have it on a stationary monitor floor stand (and not on the desk directly), but the ideal setup is to have it wall mounted and then my desk in front of it.
    Discord: Rucil#1805

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I have a curved 34" in the middle flanked by two 27" and I still have another 27" with high stand I am going to put above the 34 for flight sims when I finally get it setup. I like my curved 34 very much.
    I think if I were doing a curved flanked by a couple of flats, that might work, but my current setup really won't allow for 3 in a row.

I tried a curved monitor and really disliked it. Lived with it for 2 weeks before giving it to a kid and going back to flat.

As I saw a couple people post on this today, here's an update: Since BLZrizz opened my eyes to a large monitor and splitting it in to different sections, I went that way and never looked back. I didn't quite have the bank for a 43", but I got a (flat) 34" and kept one of my 19" so I can have a movie running on the 19", have GS running on half the 34", then do some work on the other half of the 34". I feel like my life is now split in two: before having a super large/wide monitor, and everything thereafter. It's great.
    Last edited by Viekn; 02-11-2021 at 12:24 AM.