Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against the Machine Unveil Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    "I'll have you know, chaining enslaved women to blocks of ice and using hypnosis to induce lactation is a proud art form that ennobles everyone who witnesses it. Posting pictures of women in bikinis is a bridge too far though." - Rocktard
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

I just noticed that they have comments disabled on the video. Amusing. That's one way to keep it about the content and not about the opposition and arguments I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack de la Rocha View Post
    Living in the States, you’re living in one of the most brutal societies in the history of the world. The country who inherited the genocide of the Native American people. A country which participated in slavery. Any society or any government or any system that is set up solely to profit a wealthy class while the majority of the people toil and suffer and sell their labor power, so long as that system’s only true motive is profit interest and not the maintenance and the betterment of the population, to meeting human needs, then that society should not stand. It should be challenged and questioned and overthrown.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I thought you guys would love this here in the Politics Forum, so here you go.

https://www.spin.com/2021/01/rage-ag...e-documentary/

Rage Against the Machine Unveil Killing in Thy Name Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness’

If you were waiting for Rage Against the Machine to collectively chime in with their take on the modern revival of old-fashioned racism (which has always been there, but is far more prevalent in society now than it was five years ago), your day has come.

Arguably the most politically charged band of all time has just released a short documentary called Killing in Thy Name in order to serve as “a fire escape from the fiction known as whiteness and a spring for discovery.”

Of course, the film utilizes plenty of the band’s “Killing in the Name” as a soundtrack and reference, while the material itself goes into an explanation about how people who now consider themselves “white” have actually come from a wide variety of backgrounds and committed no shortage of atrocities over the centuries.

...and discuss.

Go.
    Fun trivia fact. That picture featured on the front of the video is a pile of Buffalo skulls during the period when they were hunted to near extinction as part of the war on native Americans.

... and attack

On a related note, this metal musician from Virginia seems to agree with the documentary.

"LAMB OF GOD's JOHN CAMPBELL On TRUMP Inpeachment Trial: 'This Is Our Chance To Address That The U.S. Was Founded On White Supremacy'

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/la...ite-supremacy/
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 02-13-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    On a related note, this metal musician from Virginia seems to agree with the documentary.

"LAMB OF GOD's JOHN CAMPBELL On TRUMP Inpeachment Trial: 'This Is Our Chance To Address That The U.S. Was Founded On White Supremacy'

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/la...ite-supremacy/
    You wouldn't expect that coming from the state that birthed the rebel flag, but I guess it goes to show you that you can't paint an entire people with one brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    "I'll have you know, chaining enslaved women to blocks of ice and using hypnosis to induce lactation is a proud art form that ennobles everyone who witnesses it. Posting pictures of women in bikinis is a bridge too far though." - Rocktard
    I clearly need to go read up more on that thread. I think I missed the juicy bits, so to speak.