Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against the Machine Unveil Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rage Against the Machine Unveil Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness'

I thought you guys would love this here in the Politics Forum, so here you go.

https://www.spin.com/2021/01/rage-ag...e-documentary/

Rage Against the Machine Unveil Killing in Thy Name Documentary About ‘the Fiction Known as Whiteness’

If you were waiting for Rage Against the Machine to collectively chime in with their take on the modern revival of old-fashioned racism (which has always been there, but is far more prevalent in society now than it was five years ago), your day has come.

Arguably the most politically charged band of all time has just released a short documentary called Killing in Thy Name in order to serve as “a fire escape from the fiction known as whiteness and a spring for discovery.”

Of course, the film utilizes plenty of the band’s “Killing in the Name” as a soundtrack and reference, while the material itself goes into an explanation about how people who now consider themselves “white” have actually come from a wide variety of backgrounds and committed no shortage of atrocities over the centuries.

...and discuss.

Go.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

I tried to watch it, I really did.

That is so fucked up what they are doing to those kids. Especially that first young girls reaction.

This is what critical race theory will do to people. It's not a white or black or any other color thing. Humans have hurt and continue to hurt other humans using whatever fucked up excuse (such as race, ethnicity, tribe, etc.) they have to gain and retain power. To think it's a "white problem" damn.

You have a problem with slavery? There is still the modern day slave trade going on. Right now. Join an organization and fight real racism, real slavery, real destitution. Is it good to learn from our history and advance our beliefs, of course (though you wouldn't know it from the destruction of history that occurred this past year in the US).

But teaching children to hate themselves because they can't help how they were born, is disgusting. I don't care what color your skin is.

Edit: This generation is falling so far behind in advancing "race relations", and ensuring moving forward we all view one another as humans, not members of a tribe which is separate from you. No Nation is perfect, history is rough, and we had a goal to achieve a society where your gender/race/sex/sexual orientation didn't matter. Now though? That's all that matters, and those in power know if they keep force feeding that narrative to people long enough they'll eventually succumb.

You think progress is being made? What is happening now is actually reverting back to a time when humans denigrated and separated one another based on immutable characteristics. Sad to watch it happen.
    Last edited by Shaps; 01-25-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    I tried to watch it, I really did.

That is so fucked up what they are doing to those kids. Especially that first young girls reaction.
    I disagree. Perhaps she needed her eyes opened.

This is what critical race theory will do to people. It's not a white or black or any other color thing. Humans have hurt and continue to hurt other humans using whatever fucked up excuse (such as race, ethnicity, tribe, etc.) they have to gain and retain power. To think it's a "white problem" damn.
    Seems like you missed the main point. That white wasn't an identity until it was made one, for a purpose. Before that you were Scottish, Irish, British, etc..

You have a problem with slavery? There is still the modern day slave trade going on. Right now. Join an organization and fight real racism, real slavery, real destitution. Is it good to learn from our history and advance our beliefs, of course (though you wouldn't know it from the destruction of history that occurred this past year in the US).

But teaching children to hate themselves because they can't help how they were born, is disgusting. I don't care what color your skin is.
    I saw no hate being taught in this video, and I watched it twice. I think you must've had it within you.

Edit: This generation is falling so far behind in advancing "race relations", and ensuring moving forward we all view one another as humans, not members of a tribe which is separate from you. No Nation is perfect, history is rough, and we had a goal to achieve a society where your gender/race/sex/sexual orientation didn't matter. Now though? That's all that matters, and those in power know if they keep force feeding that narrative to people long enough they'll eventually succumb.

You think progress is being made? What is happening now is actually reverting back to a time when humans denigrated and separated one another based on immutable characteristics. Sad to watch it happen.
    I disagree. I think it's going the opposite direction, in the long run. With some speed bumps along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post

Seems like you missed the main point. That white wasn't an identity until it was made one, for a purpose. Before that you were Scottish, Irish, British, etc..

I saw no hate being taught in this video, and I watched it twice. I think you must've had it within you.

I disagree. I think it's going the opposite direction, in the long run. With some speed bumps along the way.
    The fact you can watch that young girls reaction when she was asked, and have the response you just gave, tells me everything and anything I ever need to know about you.

I am sarcastic on here a lot, but I do mean that.
    Last edited by Shaps; 01-25-2021 at 09:45 PM.

The fact you can watch that young girls reaction when she was asked, and have the response you just gave, tells me everything and anything I ever need to know about you.

I am sarcastic on here a lot, but I do mean that.
    What. You don't like that she considered whiteness and became saddened by it? Why?

I thought that it was a long dramatic pause made all the more dramatic by the brevity of the question followed by what looked like the entirety of white history crossing her mind. Which seemed to make her sad and uncomfortable. Which is telling, considering her age.

What do you think she was thinking about? What she learned in school? The words of her father? What she sees on TV?
    Last edited by Bhaalizmo; 01-25-2021 at 10:51 PM.

What. You don't like that she considered whiteness and became saddened by it? Why?

I thought that it was a long dramatic pause made all the more dramatic by the brevity of the question followed by what looked like the entirety of white history crossing her mind.
    Not going to get into this topic with you, because I already know if you view things as you've expressed, you already believe that way. You believe yours and I'll continue to believe mine - but your way will not end well, history tells us as much.

I thought that it was a long dramatic pause made all the more dramatic by the brevity of the question followed by what looked like the entirety of white history crossing her mind. Which seemed to make her sad and uncomfortable. Which is telling, considering her age.
    lol holy shit, dude. You really are a horrifically horrible human being. I legit mean that. All this time I thought you were just a loud mouthed idiot who didn't know any better, but no, you are legit a terrible person.

An ~8 year old girl should be sad because she's white? Are you fucking for real? Fuck you. You are officially the worst person on the PC now. For all the fucked up shit Androidpk has done I don't think even he is this terrible of a human being.

Imagine asking an 8 year old black girl the same loaded bullshit question and when she doesn't know how to answer such a dumb ass question you insist it must be because she's sad to be black.

Fuck you and your racist ass. time4fun suddenly looks like a decent, rational person now.

Oh wait, I had to add that you are the second worst person on the PC now. Even though you're a racist fucked up asshole who thinks 8 year old kids should be ashamed of the color of their skin, at least we don't have proof that you stalk them, unlike Keller who has openly admitted it. So congrats, Bhaalizmo, you're barely above a child predator among the rankings of the disgusting left.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-25-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Just take a look at the history you keep talking about: It proves that white people are just smarter, better, more productive people. Every great invention or policy that has moved mankind forward has come from a white person. What color is Elon Musk? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? Donald Trump? What color was Nicola Tesla? Thomas Edison? Henry Ford? Now, what color are 90% of thugs, drug dealers and welfare recipients? See? Sorry you're black...or brown...or colored...or...whatever you're calling it today that is inferior.
    Last edited by Wrathbringer; 03-24-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Just take a look at the history you keep talking about: It proves that white people are just smarter, better, more productive people. Every great invention or policy that has moved mankind forward has come from a white person. What color is Elon Musk? Bill Gates? Steve Jobs? Donald Trump? What color was Nicola Tesla? Thomas Edison? Henry Ford? Now, what color are 90% of thugs, drug dealers and welfare recipients? See? Sorry you're black...or brown...or colored...or...whatever you're calling it today that is inferior.
    Disagree in full.

You and your mindset, your level of "education" appear to be the result of the aforementioned articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    lol holy shit