Thread: UAC best profession

1. Default UAC best profession

Since there is not a general profession channel I will try to ask the question here. I have recently came back and am working on a few classes but I have never played UAC. I have read rogue is the best but many things have changed since I played. I was looking at Monk, Rogue and maybe even a Warrior. What are the advantages of each or is one an obviously more powerful choice than the others? Any feed back anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have *three characters trained in UCS/UAC. It is hard for me to place the monk over the bard in the long term. The monk just barely squeaks ahead of the bard currently but I believe in the long term, especially post cap, the bard will overtake the monk.

Monk, good to excellent UAF. Access to a lot of "key" UCS mechanics (masteries, 1214(Brace), 1213(mstrike/quickstrike), 3x Physical fitness, martial stances, low cost MoC, etc)

Bard, excellent UAF and extremely fast utilizing 1035. Access to Sonic brawling weapon(s);cestus, excellent flares/increased double flare rate via air lore. No access to martial stances or masteries to help UCS/UAF/MM. Can only 1x MoC, less overall stamia, and lower DS/no plate/reduced or little to no redux.

Warrior, okay to good UAF. Lots of stamina, UCS beserk(not the best, better utilized as a unstun tactic vs straight offensive combat), plate armor/excellent redux, low cost MoC, access to masteries but not martial stances. Weapon bonding does not work with worn UCS gear. Access to shielded brawler, which allows you to reduce the MM penalty while utilizing shields.

UCS Rangers/Rogues are very viable and a great choice but I believe both of these professions are better served via Ranged weapons.
    Last edited by wetsand; 01-24-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Personally, I just really prefer the UAC system over any other combat systems, so no matter what profession I choose, I always go UAC. Obviously some professions can better utilize some of the UAC mechanics, but I just make sure I pick a profession that I know I'm going to have fun playing.

I have a somewhat more limited experience with various professions and the UAC system, but from what I have experienced...

Monks and Warriors seem to be the best for the UAC system, if you want the typical build. Monks, of course, are conceptually built around UAC, skill-wise, so it makes sense that they excel at it; warriors also excel at it, given their skill set and the armor/shield/combat maneuvers that are available to them.

I tried UAC'ing with my rogue, and it just wasn't as efficient as ranged was, which was unfortunate.

Mutant bards/paladins/rangers with UAC all seem like they could be viable, but maybe not quite as good as the squares, given the a/s/c-maneuvers and skills sets/costs.

Clerics/Empaths/Wizards might make for fun, mutant, builds, just to test the system, but would be hindered by not being able to 2x in Brawling (somewhat alleved by 211/215/307/425/509/1109/1130/etc.).

For me, it would really depend on going purely square (warrior/monk, no spells) or magical square (warrior/monk, with spells). If going pure-square (no spells), Kroderine Soul would be a bonus, as well.

Of course, it also depends on what you want, outside of using the UAC system, roleplay-wise, skill-wise, etc.

UAC also makes for an awesome secondary attack style. I've been enjoying having a pinch of brawling on my paladin; being able to kick low-level things to death while bandit hunting is a fun little diversion.
    Last edited by mgoddess; 01-25-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~