Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warmage

Drop spells to 2x.

also, you want to 1x perception.

Warmage usually sacrifices more in spells to sink TPs into physical skills. I'd personally put enchanting on a much further back burner so i could keep my CM at 1x and perception at 1x.
    Last edited by drumpel; 05-03-2021 at 08:55 PM.

If you want any chance to stay alive as a warmage you have to be 1x in CM and perception, even with that you will need deeds, warmages are squishy when caught in offensive.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    If you want any chance to stay alive as a warmage you have to be 1x in CM and perception, even with that you will need deeds, warmages are squishy when caught in offensive.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Don't listen to him! All lies!

Okay, not really a lie, mostly true.

But if you go the reduxmage route you can obtain around 12% redux by level 60 and you'll be in scale armor, you can take decent shots without worry about outright getting killed. At level 58 my reduxmage has about 11% redux (with all his enhancives on it's around 14.5%). Having some crit padding and use of 520's basic 5 CER crit padding really helps out a lot with hits.

Here are downsides to this build that I've come across:
    1) you have to greatly sacrifice spells known. My redux mage only knows up to 913 and 520. He's missing out on 425/430/535
    2) accept the fact you'll need to utilize enhancives to help boost your AS (STR or weaponskill) due to missing spell 425
    3) accept the fact you'll only be able to kill with a weapon due to your CS and bolt AS being too low or non-existent.
    4) Sword (or blunt) and shield should be your training path. Shield Use will help you build your redux faster.
    4a) If you opt for a THW/polearm type you're going to be hurting with DS due to limited access to spells (such as 430).
    5) relearn how to hunt areas you may be very familiar with due to lack of spells
    6) understand you won't be able to control a room very well. 909 works good, but not everything falls when you use Tremors
    7) lastly, accept the fact that you're just basically an underpowered rogue/warrior that can't training in almost any CMANs or guild skills.

Regardless if going a standard warmage or reduxmage, your training should always be:
    1x in Armor Use (until you hit your max armor ASG and/or minimum spell hinderance requirement), Shield Use (if going one-handed weapons), CM, Weapon Skill, FP, Perception and HP (until you have enough mana to cover your needs easily while out hunting)

Everything else you work in as often as you can, spells, climbing and swimming. You don't want to get upwards of level 60+ without any climbing/swimming because some of these higher level areas require decent skill amounts to get into them. Also, your first priority as a warmage is to get your air lore ranks up high enough to allow your 506 to bring your swing RT down to 1 second. After that your lore ranks should be focused into earth lore.
    Last edited by drumpel; 05-18-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Just as a comparison, here is my UAC warmage:

Sabik (at level 90), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 35 7
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 192 92
    Brawling...........................| 196 96
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 5 1
    Physical Fitness...................| 191 91
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 50 10
    Magic Item Use.....................| 170 70
    Harness Power......................| 190 90
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 190 90
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 117 29