Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 99

Thread: Damn - The love didn't last long

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,422
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    So far, my 2nd favorite is the Teamsters endorsing Biden for President and one of his first EOs is cancelling the last part of the Keystone XL Pipeline project... and the Teamsters being surprised by it...

    Like how fucking stupid are you?

    My first favorite is the environmentalist wackjobs thinking the cancelling of the rest of the Keystone was a win. Um.. 75% of the pipeline is already done.. so instead of transporting the oil in a pipe that has negligible environmental impact, they will now load it onto trucks and trains and continue to ship it.. because that's far more environmentally sound.........

    And, to be fair, it probably saved a bunch of jobs longterm. Sure there are immediate construction jobs that are lost, but for the trucking and train sectors, this is a huge win for them.
    I've heard it goes over a major aquafer and if it had a leak it could contaminate drinking water for millions of people. So the environmental impact is negligible when it's working as intended, but that rarely stays that way.

    It didn't seem like a great deal to begin with. Why they ship it to the Gulf of Mexico to go to China idk.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    5,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I've heard it goes over a major aquafer and if it had a leak it could contaminate drinking water for millions of people. So the environmental impact is negligible when it's working as intended, but that rarely stays that way.

    It didn't seem like a great deal to begin with. Why they ship it to the Gulf of Mexico to go to China idk.
    There is already a couple of pipelines along the route and XL would allow one of the older ones to be retired. And they want to ship it to the gulf for refining since eco-terrorists have made it impossible to build a new refinery in North America. Right now, you could own the Hansford nuclear site, one of the most polluted and dangerous places on the planet and you could not get authorization to build a new refinery because of eco-terrorist lawsuits and idiot laws. Along the gulf, when the refineries were originally built there, they bought massive tracts of land and so they have the licenses to build on those pieces of land. Therefore they have massive refineries with the capacity to expand instead of trying to build a new refinery. That is why the pipeline is such a big deal.

    Right now, the oil is moved by rail, which is much much less safe, much more likely to spill and much more environmentally damaging. The thing is Warren Buffet owns the rail is a noted Leftist and has pushed this agenda from the get go since it would hurt his business.

    Pipelines are and always have been, despite all the disasters combined, safer and more ecologically friendly than any other land transport of oil. Facts don't matter to the idiots protesting this pipeline and to Creepy Joe and his cronies.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,422
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    There is already a couple of pipelines along the route and XL would allow one of the older ones to be retired. And they want to ship it to the gulf for refining since eco-terrorists have made it impossible to build a new refinery in North America. Right now, you could own the Hansford nuclear site, one of the most polluted and dangerous places on the planet and you could not get authorization to build a new refinery because of eco-terrorist lawsuits and idiot laws. Along the gulf, when the refineries were originally built there, they bought massive tracts of land and so they have the licenses to build on those pieces of land. Therefore they have massive refineries with the capacity to expand instead of trying to build a new refinery. That is why the pipeline is such a big deal.

    Right now, the oil is moved by rail, which is much much less safe, much more likely to spill and much more environmentally damaging. The thing is Warren Buffet owns the rail is a noted Leftist and has pushed this agenda from the get go since it would hurt his business.

    Pipelines are and always have been, despite all the disasters combined, safer and more ecologically friendly than any other land transport of oil. Facts don't matter to the idiots protesting this pipeline and to Creepy Joe and his cronies.
    Still don't care it's getting 86'd. This will increase gas prices for the midwest so that an oil company can make a few more bucks selling it to China. And it will create a grand total of like 35 jobs.

    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Still don't care it's getting 86'd. This will increase gas prices for the midwest so that an oil company can make a few more bucks selling it to China. And it will create a grand total of like 35 jobs.

    LOL.

    RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,422
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    LOL.

    What am I not listening to? Please enlighten me.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Still don't care it's getting 86'd. This will increase gas prices for the midwest so that an oil company can make a few more bucks selling it to China. And it will create a grand total of like 35 jobs.


    Yeah, no sympathy for the oil companies. They've lied to us for decades about the damage their products are causing to our environment while destroying said environment to get the product in the first place. We have to ditch oil production and pay all employees who lose a job over it a lifetime pension from the blood money profits those companies and CEOs raped our planet to get.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Yeah, no sympathy for the oil companies. They've lied to us for decades about the damage their products are causing to our environment while destroying said environment to get the product in the first place. We have to ditch oil production and pay all employees who lose a job over it a lifetime pension from the blood money profits those companies and CEOs raped our planet to get.
    The device you're using to post on here wouldn't exist without oil.

    Stop posting so you can help to save the environment.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible



  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    8,422
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Yeah, no sympathy for the oil companies. They've lied to us for decades about the damage their products are causing to our environment while destroying said environment to get the product in the first place. We have to ditch oil production and pay all employees who lose a job over it a lifetime pension from the blood money profits those companies and CEOs raped our planet to get.
    You lost me in the second half. We do need an alternate clean energy but fuck paying someone who worked at an oil company for the rest of their lives. That's just stupid.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    6,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    It's not that people don't want to move towards alternative energy. It's that nobody trusts anybody to do the right thing with the money.



    We had the same thing happen with a brand spanking new, high tech ethanol plant just outside of town. They gave Dupont a bunch of money to build it then it went under. Now it's owned by some foreign entity.


    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Yeah, no sympathy for the oil companies. They've lied to us for decades about the damage their products are causing to our environment while destroying said environment to get the product in the first place. We have to ditch oil production and pay all employees who lose a job over it a lifetime pension from the blood money profits those companies and CEOs raped our planet to get.
    Jesus...

    If you are tired of the mean ol' oil companies raping our planet.. then do something about it! You come here with the stupidity you heard on Twitter or Instagram all day and regurgitating it here. Be the change instead of just being a keyboard warrior. BE the person who finally steps up and does something about it! It's easy to demand change all day from the comfort of your mom's home that has electricity (made by fossil fuels), typing away on your computer (made by petroleum products) or phone (same fossil fuel parts) and using the Internet (powered by coal fired electric plants) and espousing the change you want... while all the time benefiting from oil.

    Expressing your dissatisfaction on an unofficial forum for a 30+ year old, text based roleplaying game, with oil companies, banks, rich people, etc.. is not a revolution.

    If you want to make a difference in this country, what is stopping you except your own laziness? Maybe it's time to take that white, male privilege out for a test drive and prove it's real! How are you still in your situation when you are both white and male??? That just doesn't make any sense to what you clamor on about here.

    I'm so tired of people like you demanding change without making the tiniest of effort and actually benefiting from the change you claim you are so against.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 01-27-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •