Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn - The love didn't last long

Default Damn - The love didn't last long

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden...141851880.html

Multiple articles just dropped on it right after he was sworn in. Making friends already!

What are you smoking? That was being reported days ago.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-permit-460142

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/u...xl-cancel.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...-idINKBN29N07D

I'm sure -- in your mind -- "Biden choosing to do things differently than Trump!" is somehow an outrage worthy of shitting up the folder with yet another pointless thread, though.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 01-20-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    What are you smoking? That was being reported days ago.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-permit-460142

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/u...xl-cancel.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-...-idINKBN29N07D

I'm sure -- in your mind -- "Biden choosing to do things differently than Trump!" is somehow an outrage worthy of shitting up the folder with yet another pointless thread, though.
    No, no, no.. not Orange man to hide behind now. Congrats. This is all you from here on out!

you would think ASSaliana would be less hostile since her/he/it people won? I mean got elected

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    you would think ASSaliana would be less hostile since her/he/it people won? I mean got elected
    I wouldn't be.. threats of a lawsuit already?? From our friends in Canada no less! Wowza!

So my uncle has been involved in these protests for years as he is a member of the Lakota tribe in ND. Considering the impacts this would have regarding encroaching on their land, I'm really surprised that you're surprised by Biden repealing this, especially since the Obama administration voted against it previously.

Aside from that, it's a pipeline to replace an existing pipeline, because it's slightly faster. Really? And for all you people who don't want to give foreign aid, why do you all of the sudden care about Canada's economy? But you're perfectly fine with once again taking land from indigenous people?

In case you didn't know, oil really is bad, and moving away from it is the best thing we could possibly do.

Unsurprisingly, not one post of substance from Shaps over here on the topic. Dude just spews diarrhea from his keyboard all day long. Why? Why do you support this pipeline, and why are you okay with just taking Native American's land still?

As claimed in recent lawsuits from some Native American organizations:
    Although, the pipeline’s proposed path crosses the plaintiff tribes’ homelands, the tribes have not been consulted as required by law and DOI policy.

In granting the right-of-way, the BLM failed to analyze and uphold the United States’ treaty obligations to protect the Tribes lands and natural resources. The government failed to even evaluate an alternate route to avoids tribal treaty lands.

The government’s analysis does not meaningfully address how an influx of out-of-state construction workers will affect the health, welfare, and safety of tribal members, and in particular Native women and children.

The agencies have not considered the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on either health and safety or the global oil markets.

The 2019 supplemental environmental impact statement has numerous issues and shortcomings. Even its maps do not give enough detail to show impacts on Indian lands.

In their permit application, TransCanada agreed to abide by tribal laws and regulation, which they have failed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    So my uncle has been involved in these protests for years as he is a member of the Lakota tribe in ND. Considering the impacts this would have regarding encroaching on their land, I'm really surprised that you're surprised by Biden repealing this, especially since the Obama administration voted against it previously.

Aside from that, it's a pipeline to replace an existing pipeline, because it's slightly faster. Really? And for all you people who don't want to give foreign aid, why do you all of the sudden care about Canada's economy? But you're perfectly fine with once again taking land from indigenous people?

In case you didn't know, oil really is bad, and moving away from it is the best thing we could possibly do.

Unsurprisingly, not one post of substance from Shaps over here on the topic. Dude just spews diarrhea from his keyboard all day long. Why? Why do you support this pipeline, and why are you okay with just taking Native American's land still?

As claimed in recent lawsuits from some Native American organizations:
    I didn't advocate one way or another.

I just can't believe the new administration is already being threatened to be sued by our neighbors to the north. OMG! How could this happen!??

Why are you against American interests? Are you okay with Americans suffering and causing international incidents with our neighbors? Are you okay with the incoming administrations disregard for international relations??? **that's sarcasm in case you missed it**

As for Native Americans and their historical plight - you're right, they got fucked over. Sadly man has been doing this to one another since the dawn of time and will continue to do so.
    Last edited by Shaps; 01-20-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    As for Native Americans and their historical plight - you're right, they got fucked over. Sadly man has been doing this to one another since the dawn of time and will continue to do so.
    This is why you, and people like you, are shit bags. "Yeah, we know it's wrong, but it is what it is so just roll with it".

If you know something is wrong, you should speak out against it and not just accept it as the way it is. Not doing so makes you a shit bag. Sorry, it just does.

And it's really not surprising. Many things Trump did are going to get rolled back, just like he rolled back a large number of items from the Obama administration. This is fully expected, just as it was when Trump took office.

And so what if is Canada is suing us? Our own citizens have been suing over this for 12 fucking years since it was first announced. We're supposed to care more when Canada sues us? Doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    This is why you, and people like you, are shit bags. "Yeah, we know it's wrong, but it is what it is so just roll with it".

If you know something is wrong, you should speak out against it and not just accept it as the way it is. Not doing so makes you a shit bag. Sorry, it just does.

And it's really not surprising. Many things Trump did are going to get rolled back, just like he rolled back a large number of items from the Obama administration. This is fully expected, just as it was when Trump took office.

And so what if is Canada is suing us? Our own citizens have been suing over this for 12 fucking years since it was first announced. We're supposed to care more when Canada sues us? Doesn't add up.
    You mistake understanding human nature and history - with thinking something is right. I stated facts. Just because they are not nice facts, that does not change them. Did I say what happened to Native Americans was correct? No. I said they got fucked over, because they did. Fact.

People "like me" are realists. I understand that humans treat each other like - to use your term - shit. If you think that's going to change, well.. LOL.

Lastly, you don't know me or what I've done. I can safely assume, and just assume as I do not know you, that I've done quite a bit more for the poor and downtrodden during my life than you have. Maybe not, but more than likely unless you work for Doctors Without Borders, UNICEF, or an equivalent. I'm just old and tired at this point, and I don't have the energy to keep going back into such desolate places. That's for the younger generation now.

So unless you're saving babies - you shut up "shit bag".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    No, no, no.. not Orange man to hide behind now. Congrats. This is all you from here on out!

No, I am not Drauz in game.