Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official : Loot Cap Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It should only ever be account based. I get that people MA, but you pay to do that. Free accounts are already heavily restricted.
    I agree but then this whole thing is completely pointless. A few months ago I wrote up a whole new hunting script so my guys could all hunt together because I figured it would be a lot easier and better for everyone in the hunting area if my guys all fried at once then left, rather than having several of my guys zipping in and out of rooms to get fried.

Would be kind of dumb if they actually encouraged me to go back to having my guys hunt solo to avoid these loot caps, but then as you say it really should be account based because each account pays for access to this game and each account should be treated equally to other accounts, which is why I think this loot cap nonsense is dumb.

2. Default

The "hard cap" may be 35m - but the diminishing returns effect starts to hit so hard after 20-25m you'll have a fun time reaching it even if you're farming nonstop.
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 02-05-2021 at 07:51 PM.

I just wish they'd tell us how group mechanics work, because it feels like it's applying more "cap pressure" than it should when in a group.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I just wish they'd tell us how group mechanics work, because it feels like it's applying more "cap pressure" than it should when in a group.
    That's going to fall under "We won't tell you because you'll abuse the system" - definitely not "We won't tell you because if you find out what's really going on then you're going to be extremely upset."

Long story short is that you won't be able to run multiple accounts and make 35m per month each (grouped or not grouped).
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 02-06-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSIV Rogue View Post
    That's going to fall under "We won't tell you because you'll abuse the system" - definitely not "We won't tell you because if you find out what's really going on then you're going to be extremely upset."

Long story short is that you won't be able to run multiple accounts and make 35m per month each (grouped or not grouped).
    Nobody has confirmed one way or another that linked accounts all share the same loot cap.

Even if that's the case, I don't care. But this nerf has spawned all sorts of bugs, and basically I just want to know things like...if you're in a group of 2 for example, person 1 one shots something and loots, but person 2 didn't do shit, does loot cap "pressure" get applied to person 2 in that situation anyway just from being in the group? Or is it applied only to people who are tagging mobs? And is it double dipping, like applying double the "pressure" that it should due to there being 2 people in the group? Because if so, that's probably a bug.

I don't see how shit like that can be abused, since once you cap, you're capped, and there isn't shit you can do about it other than wait until next month.

If linked accounts all share the same cap though, that's massively retarded. I don't farm with my alts anyway so it's a non-issue, but stuff like this is still something that they need to clue people in on.
    Last edited by Methais; 02-06-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Nobody has confirmed one way or another that linked accounts all share the same loot cap.

Even if that's the case, I don't care. But this nerf has spawned all sorts of bugs, and basically I just want to know things like...if you're in a group of 2 for example, person 1 one shots something and loots, but person 2 didn't do shit, does loot cap "pressure" get applied to person 2 in that situation anyway just from being in the group? Or is it applied only to people who are tagging mobs? And is it double dipping, like applying double the "pressure" that it should due to there being 2 people in the group? Because if so, that's probably a bug.

I don't see how shit like that can be abused, since once you cap, you're capped, and there isn't shit you can do about it other than wait until next month.

If linked accounts all share the same cap though, that's massively retarded. I don't farm with my alts anyway so it's a non-issue, but stuff like this is still something that they need to clue people in on.
    I mean...I agree with and see everything you are saying. 100% all valid points. At first glance they are giving the appearance of transparency but in reality they are omitting enough key elements that everyone is still pretty much in the dark. I am all for pulling the curtain down as well but I don't have my hopes up. Especially when they are immediately stating things like "The only thing we can confirm is that the loot cap is working as intended" - etc.

Net end result for me is definitely going to be limiting my subscriptions to 2 basic accounts for the foreseeable future (Had plans on a third but keeping it as a F2P mule instead of another sub. for now).
    Last edited by GSIV Rogue; 02-06-2021 at 11:09 AM.