Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin F’d up CMANs - Share & Discuss

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Got hit by a maneuver and all the added bonus points (penalty for me) that the next thugs got due to being stunned/injuried/missing health and I got steamrolled like a little bitch.
    This is an issue I noticed with the new system, as well. Basically once you get hit, you have a significantly lower chance of making a comeback from the situation if you're not in plate (or have 140 up) and capable of tanking through the whole thing. Before, even in lighter armor types, you could fire off your emergency skills or otherwise still manage to last through the initial stun/round time and escape a reasonable amount of time. It may not be an actual bug, but just an unintended interaction in the new system. Similarly, lowering everyone's defenses means people are getting hit more (at least with more common stuff like creature maneuvers), seeing higher end rolls on those hits and then being subject to the above steamroll phenomenon you described - basically, more interacting mechanics that compound and exacerbate each other.

Players don't like to feel helpless. They dislike these new dynamic the same way they dislike getting insta-gibbed by a single charge maneuver or stacking round times (which feels more prevalent now, as well) in the older system. If the code on the backend is working as intended, then it might do good to either raise everyone's baseline maneuver defense back up a bit or lower the penalties from stun/injuries/whatever somewhat. Maybe a bit of both.

5. The amount of damage you take from a roll did not change. A 101 endroll in June 2020 is the same as a 101 endroll today, with the exception of Shield Bash and Shield Charge. These two maneuvers were over tuned slightly and will be brought back to more of a setup and not an instant kill in Phase 3.

The damage did change. A skill used on players when under CML didn't do as much damage as they do now, converted to SMRv2.

When a 150 endroll from a charge when under CML only knocked my wizard down and provided a minor and some health loss with maybe a 1-2 round stun....that wasn't awful, it was tolerable.

That same maneuver utilizing SMRv2 with a 150 will easily break a limb or put a bleeder in your ab/chest/back, reduce health by a significant amount more and result in a 4+ round stun.

It's not that the maneuvers that were already using SMRv2 got any more powerful, it's the abilities that were transitioned from CML to SMRv2 that hit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    It's kind of hard to blame anyone but whoever at SIMU continues to pay peanuts for coders. If they didn't treat their language like some ancient Chinese secret it would give them a lot more eyes to help with testing. It doesn't take a lot of experience to land a job making 70 to 100k to just edit/update systems and do it while working at home.

That's also the most likely reason most their major projects never get finished. It all sounds great until you crack open the bottomless can of worms.

Open source is the future of gaming. There's game currency already being traded in the crypto markets and SIMU still can't get a mail system in their game.
    ENJ is starting to push back up today. It's had a rough month.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

4. Ambush pushdown and Force on Force were added.

So is he saying that, prior to the change a pure had SMRv2 defense that stayed high after repeated attacks in a room full of critters, but after the update, chain attacks would reduce it down to almost nothing (thats what force on force does).

If so, mystery solved, someone might want to tell him that. I would tell him if he nutted up and posted on the PC about game design and his feelings and stuff.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    4. Ambush pushdown and Force on Force were added.

So is he saying that, prior to the change a pure had SMRv2 defense that stayed high after repeated attacks in a room full of critters, but after the update, chain attacks would reduce it down to almost nothing (thats what force on force does).

If so, mystery solved, someone might want to tell him that. I would tell him if he nutted up and posted on the PC about game design and his feelings and stuff.
    I don't think Naijin understands what kind mindfuck rabbit hole he's opened up with all these changes.

For instance I'm staying mum right now with my pure because I'm turning him into a polearm user. There's a weapon skill that pulls you out of melee combat and therefore most CMAN attacks.

And I bet when this metric ton of shit of changes goes live there will be like 82763688299299826 loopholes, OP skills and builds, and a whole bunch of crap that'll make the game even more convulted and totally unplayable.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    For instance I'm staying mum right now with my pure because I'm turning him into a polearm user. There's a weapon skill that pulls you out of melee combat and therefore most CMAN attacks.
    Pures don't get those new weapon skills even if they got the appropriate weapon trainings, though. Unless that's changed since I last read that document.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Pures don't get those new weapon skills even if they got the appropriate weapon trainings, though. Unless that's changed since I last read that document.
    I think it's based completely on weapon ranks. Unless, Naijin said something f'd up about that too.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I think it's based completely on weapon ranks. Unless, Naijin said something f'd up about that too.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it is from the PSM 3 doc:

Weapon skills are a new player system whose skills are automatically available once a player reaches the required weapon ranks. Weapon skills are available to squares and semis. Weapon skills are unlocked at 10, 25, 50, and 100 weapon ranks. The skills listed below are in order of their unlock level.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it is from the PSM 3 doc:

10. Default

"Weapon skills are available to squares and semis."

That's cute, its like the least direct way of saying that weapon skills are NOT available to pures.

It would be like explaining to my kid that tomatoes are not a vegtable by giving him a list that says, the following objects ARE vegtables and putting everything but tomatoes on the list.

Maybe thats one of the reasons why the document is 36 pages long now
    Last edited by gilchristr; 04-28-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!