Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin F’d up CMANs - Share & Discuss

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    ENJ is starting to push back up today. It's had a rough month.
    It's not too far off that there will be a small hand full of currencies that will be used across games \ platforms that you will be able to use to make real world purchases. Eventually there will be a "hub war" between tech companies I.E. Google vs. Facebook. The closer we get to being hardwired to the web 24/7 the more relevant this stuff will become. The IRS has already made attempts at taxing game currencies, the only reason they backed off is because it's going to be a giant pile of dicks when they do it.

The operation I'm partnered with in SL has skyrocketed over the past couple months. I had a couple meetings this week with some of SL's lower management in promotions and I start training with them next month. They have an annual Sci-Fi convention where all these independent creators set up their booths and display their new avatars, skins, gear, buildings, vehicles.....basically anything you can imagine.

All open source, 0 subscription fee.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 04-28-2021 at 10:34 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "Weapon skills are available to squares and semis."

That's cute, its like the least direct way of saying that weapon skills are NOT available to pures.

It would be like explaining to my kid that tomatoes are not a vegtable by giving him a list that says, the following objects ARE vegtables and putting everything but tomatoes on the list.

Maybe thats one of the reasons why the document is 36 pages long now

At the very minimum, the weapon skill ranks should be increased to unlocked at 25, 75, 125 and 150 for all classes.

This would allow pures that train in weapons to obtain the first two weapon skills by level 24 and level 74.
    This would allow squares & semis to obtain all weapon skills (since they can 2x in weapons) at level 12, 37, 62 and 74.

Ideally I'd take it further and break it up by class:
    Allows squares to obtain the skills faster than semis at the following weapon ranks: 10, 25, 50, and 100
    Allow semis to obtain the skills slow than squares, but faster than pures can earn theirs at the following ranks: 20, 40, 75, 125
    Allow pures to obtain the first couple of skills at the following ranks: 35 and 75.

Squares are the melee class, they should have the upper hand and advantage to utilize the skills faster.
    Semis are well trained for melee, but aren't solely dedicated to it like a square, so they should require more weapon ranks to get all the skills.
    Pures, they can swing a weapon, but they'll never be as good as any semi or square and should be limited to just the first two skill levels.

However, Naijin, won't every allow something like this because he doesn't play a pure and seems to think changing everything over to a MMO graphical style gameplay system will improve things.

Right now that shithole of a PSM3 document is just a fucking nightmare to look over.

So many times I find my wizard getting swept, PSM3 will apply "Vulnerable" (increased chance to be hit by next unaimed attack in a vital location).

Or how about if going up against a creature that can cause Weakened Armament (loss of 1 Armor Group - not a sub-group, but 1 full armor group). This means that even if you are wearing double leather, get hit by something that causes Weakened Armament you're effectively wearing cloth until the effect wears off.

So many of the added effects will just cause a fucking headache for pures and a lot of semis due to loss of EBP or silence effect or being immobilized or loss of a full armor group or being kept from doing any actions......this whole change is going to fucking suck for pures and I'm sure some semis are going to feel it as well.
    Last edited by drumpel; 04-29-2021 at 09:00 AM.

3. Default

The idea of having to keep track of all these new status effects sounds fuckin awful tbh. PSM3 is a nothingburger to me since my only square is a monk and they pulled archetypes which were the only interesting thing, but they're really running the risk of turning a game which already has a steep learning curve into an unplayable text Rubix cube.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    The idea of having to keep track of all these new status effects sounds fuckin awful tbh. PSM3 is a nothingburger to me since my only square is a monk and they pulled archetypes which were the only interesting thing, but they're really running the risk of turning a game which already has a steep learning curve into an unplayable text Rubix cube.
    He's trying to turn this into a standard modern MMO, like others have said here. Status effects are the bread and butter in games like WoW or really any MMO.

I suppose they'll add more letters next to that '>' like instead of just S for stun or B for bleeding or whatever there's going to be a A, C, G, X, Y, Z etc. for all the status effects that are active.

They are trying to make the game into something slower, more methodical, more tactical, with group features. If they had a full AAA studio team to do this I give them a 3/5 chance to actually succeed. With part-time Naijin and 'perfectly balanced' Estild, I give them...well I'll let you use your imagination.

5. Default

And yeah Pures are gonna get fucking reck'td. And this is why I keep telling people they are trying to move the game into some kind of group, dungeons and dragons,WoW 6-man team play.

Classic glass cannon (the pure), the tanks (plate users w/ aggro management spells/skills), DoT users, DPS... it's fucking World of GemStone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I don't think Naijin understands what kind mindfuck rabbit hole he's opened up with all these changes.

For instance I'm staying mum right now with my pure because I'm turning him into a polearm user. There's a weapon skill that pulls you out of melee combat and therefore most CMAN attacks.

And I bet when this metric ton of shit of changes goes live there will be like 82763688299299826 loopholes, OP skills and builds, and a whole bunch of crap that'll make the game even more convulted and totally unplayable.
    Yes but Naijin will feel better about his warrior, and that's what's important here.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Here's a sneak peek at how an average hunting encounter will work in Naijinstone:

Last edited by Methais; 04-29-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post

They are trying to make the game into something slower, more methodical, more tactical, with group features. If they had a full AAA studio team to do this I give them a 3/5 chance to actually succeed. With part-time Naijin and 'perfectly balanced' Estild, I give them...well I'll let you use your imagination.
    They realize it only takes a couple weeks to cap in most MMOs right?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I liked Aion when it came out - I enjoyed the game play and the work needed to obtain good equipment. I played for a year or more.

I eventually came back to the game to see what it was like after I found it moved to F2P. I found out that they implemented boosts to experience and you could mow through the first 30 levels within a few days. It was a huge change over it taking 2-3 weeks to power through level 30 when I first played the game.

At level 30 they had a special armor set that required you to play through on multiple characters because every character you can get 1 piece of this armor set. After 5 or 6 toons to level 30 you'd have a full set that you could put on one character and it boosted your power significantly....but after the game changed to F2P, the quality level 30 armor set was basically worthless compared to how fast you can obtain other items and how fast you out level the set.

Then they tacked on other things to help boost item power and every time you boosted an item a level, the next boost required more resources or more scarce resources and if you failed on a random roll to apply a boost to an item you could actually lose out on previously applied boosts....all in all, the game became a convoluted cluster fuck. You could progress through the game without spending a dime, mostly like you could when it was subscription based, but if you wanted to succeed and be a part of the top of the endgame you needed to spend money to get the best of the best.

This is how I feel GSIV is going. It's going to turn into a convoluted cluster fuck and be a huge pain in the ass to relearn how to play or things will be so out of whack that it'll take forever for them to try and "balance" things out....

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Whoa slow down, they still haven't realized that most MMOs have a real endgame yet with real endgame rewards that don't involve throwing thousands of dollars at the game.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-29-2021 at 10:12 AM.