Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin F’d up CMANs - Share & Discuss

1. Default Naijin F’d up CMANs - Share & Discuss

Imm fed up and it just had to be said outside of the ass kissing that is Discord.

Naijin royally messed with CMANs for the worse in my humblest of opinions. It’s just across the board bad for my pures and even my warrior.

I’m literally getting hit for 107 endrolls and the mobs are knocking me over and stunning me for like 4 rounds or more. What is going on?

Yes red rep me you ass kissers!

2. Default

He fixed them and made them better in almost every situation

All my characters are overall significantly better. From mid level pures to super post cap squares.

Sounds like you're just salty af about a random death.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BJARN View Post
    He fixed them and made them better in almost every situation
    This has been my experience as well, offensively and defensively. Cunning Defense cman helps a lot more, too. Especially for pures.
    You remove a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses from in your ebon linen vest.

You unfold the earpieces of your spectacles.

You put on a pair of oval ora-framed spectacles with pale grey lenses.

You think to yourself, "Deal with it."

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    All my characters are overall significantly better. From mid level pures to super post cap squares.

Sounds like you're just salty af about a random death.
    Not really salty. This is what I’m seeing and you can confirm it or deny it.

1.) There seems to be a higher roll threahold for me to get to hit now. So, say like 70+ roll is needed and I’m counting all open rolls as hits although it sometimes is not.

2.) However when you do get it, it hits hard even at lower end rolls.

3.) Spell cmans seem to be ever more prevalent and they just pwn you.

I’m not really talking about active offensive CMANs since I rarely use those but CMAN defense.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Teveriel View Post
    This has been my experience as well, offensively and defensively. Cunning Defense cman helps a lot more, too. Especially for pures.
    How does cunning defense help at all? It’s like +30 dodge ranks at max? Am I missing something? Serious Q.

I would definitely say my bard never successfully blocks a tackle from the monstrosities in SoS, and he's basically getting pinned for 12-20s every time he stands up. I believe his halfling stature contributes to how easily he gets tackled along with having less TPs placed into SMR defense skills. I will probably start trying to stay prone on my bard since standing up usually results in an immediate re-tackle and double digit round time. My other pures are basically steam rolling things now. They'll die to open rolls, but nothing else seems to be a problem.

Didn't someone do testing with cunning defense and proved it was basically a waste of CMAN points now? Either you train in the CMAN directly, or don't bother was the feedback I saw in discord. I.E. pures should train feint and disarm to ~4 ranks, then SStrike for bandits and if you do warcamps get some dirtkick training.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I will probably start trying to stay prone on my bard since standing up usually results in an immediate re-tackle and double digit round time.
    Not an attack on you, but I would say that if staying prone means you're more survivable and defendable in melee combat, there are some design problems in there somewhere.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I would definitely say my bard never successfully blocks a tackle from the monstrosities in SoS, and he's basically getting pinned for 12-20s every time he stands up. I believe his halfling stature contributes to how easily he gets tackled along with having less TPs placed into SMR defense skills. I will probably start trying to stay prone on my bard since standing up usually results in an immediate re-tackle and double digit round time. My other pures are basically steam rolling things now. They'll die to open rolls, but nothing else seems to be a problem.

Didn't someone do testing with cunning defense and proved it was basically a waste of CMAN points now? Either you train in the CMAN directly, or don't bother was the feedback I saw in discord. I.E. pures should train feint and disarm to ~4 ranks, then SStrike for bandits and if you do warcamps get some dirtkick training.
    If going by Naijin it should be harder to connect with you on your Halfling but it would hit harder after connection.

I still don’t get cunning defense. So many GMs are babbling about how even 1% is a “big deal” but I think thats bull. I guess further testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    If going by Naijin it should be harder to connect with you on your Halfling but it would hit harder after connection.

I still don’t get cunning defense. So many GMs are babbling about how even 1% is a “big deal” but I think thats bull. I guess further testing?
    The change effectively made no difference in how hard you get hit. It only eliminated being hit sometimes entirely.

previously you just got a huge penalty. so if something had X skill difference to you, and you had a 20 penalty for the size difference, they would hit you on any roll of x - 20. Now it's post roll, so they have to roll 20 higher to hit you at all. however, when they do, that result is the same as if they hit you with that same roll in the old system. That is to say, even "small" successes may seem more impactful than you're used to, but if that same roll from that same creature was on the old system it was likely a large success anyway.

There's other moving parts with the stance changes and all that, but specifically the movement of the size penalty to post-roll was a pretty large buff for small races. The only place anything should have gotten worse is a slight decrease in specific maneuvers you had attempted to maximize against. Like disarm, at best you're probably looking at 90ish success to defense against, previously you could be a bit better than that. in exchange you now can have ~70% to defend against bandit maneuvers, charge, tackle, etc. that were almost all guaranteed successes. Those increased returns are actually more noticeable for small races now since their racial phantom SMR dodge bonuses are *huge*. That bonus gets you into the diminishing returns territory quickly though so you'll taper off like everyone else but you can now get really solid defense against all maneuvers before getting to 10-12m experience on a pure.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!