Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
If going by Naijin it should be harder to connect with you on your Halfling but it would hit harder after connection.

I still don’t get cunning defense. So many GMs are babbling about how even 1% is a “big deal” but I think thats bull. I guess further testing?
The change effectively made no difference in how hard you get hit. It only eliminated being hit sometimes entirely.

previously you just got a huge penalty. so if something had X skill difference to you, and you had a 20 penalty for the size difference, they would hit you on any roll of x - 20. Now it's post roll, so they have to roll 20 higher to hit you at all. however, when they do, that result is the same as if they hit you with that same roll in the old system. That is to say, even "small" successes may seem more impactful than you're used to, but if that same roll from that same creature was on the old system it was likely a large success anyway.

There's other moving parts with the stance changes and all that, but specifically the movement of the size penalty to post-roll was a pretty large buff for small races. The only place anything should have gotten worse is a slight decrease in specific maneuvers you had attempted to maximize against. Like disarm, at best you're probably looking at 90ish success to defense against, previously you could be a bit better than that. in exchange you now can have ~70% to defend against bandit maneuvers, charge, tackle, etc. that were almost all guaranteed successes. Those increased returns are actually more noticeable for small races now since their racial phantom SMR dodge bonuses are *huge*. That bonus gets you into the diminishing returns territory quickly though so you'll taper off like everyone else but you can now get really solid defense against all maneuvers before getting to 10-12m experience on a pure.