Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Naijin F’d up CMANs - Share & Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Rinualdo View Post
    They have stated it will go to test and then plat for an extended period of time before prime.
    Yeah but it's all being dropped at once? That's a lot of updates to take in all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yeah but it's all being dropped at once? That's a lot of updates to take in all at once.
    I'm fairly certain they have said recently it would be released as a single entity, but that may not mean all on test at the same time. I could see them not releasing the warrior service, for example, right away.

From what I've gathered, most of the code is done, they are in the process of providing messaging for the skills, and they expect to release another large PSM3 update to the doc fairly soon(tm).

Thus far they've given no timeline or even desired release prior or quarter.
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

3. Default

Rinualdo, is your avatar supposed to be a hillariously framed to not look like a lamp if you close your eyes and open them really fast?
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

4. Default

"Here's a sneak peek at how an average hunting encounter will work in Naijinstone"

Lol at FPS = 8 in the upper left hand corner. That screenshot is definitely how I felt when I opened the PMS 3.0 document
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

5. Default

Well I ran some numbers on Ithzir disarming and under the old system, with around 148 disarm attempts 6 succeeded and 142 failed, 4.05% and 95.94%, respectively. Under the new system, with around 131 disarm attempts 46 succeeded and 86 failed, 35.11% and 64.88%, respectively. No changes in any training.

Naijin made things worse.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GS4Ranger View Post
    Well I ran some numbers on Ithzir disarming and under the old system, with around 148 disarm attempts 6 succeeded and 142 failed, 4.05% and 95.94%, respectively. Under the new system, with around 131 disarm attempts 46 succeeded and 86 failed, 35.11% and 64.88%, respectively. No changes in any training.

Naijin made things worse.
    Profession? Build? Gear?

Also, that was kind of the point. Naijin wanted to nerf pures he just can't seem to come out and just say it.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    Profession? Build? Gear?

Also, that was kind of the point. Naijin wanted to nerf pures he just can't seem to come out and just say it.
    The point of my quick numbers without additional information was that nothing changed from the time prior to the conversion to after the conversion. From a pure previous-to-now perspective, without any changes, the changes have been detrimental (at least to my main and from the data that I have) and contradict his "The conversion to SMRv2 will increase baseline defense against CML across the board..." statement.

I get disarmed so much more now in OTF I just walk into a room, drop my weapon, and kick it into the environs just to shave a few seconds off of combat.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    ...Also, that was kind of the point. Naijin wanted to nerf pures he just can't seem to come out and just say it.
    I think the update was just too overtuned in terms of maneuver defense. I saw Luxelle's build that she posted on the forums, she has 1x PF, 1x Perception, and 1x Dodge & .3x Combat Maneuvers with 5 ranks in Cdefense. Her maneuver defense should be already a good bit better than a typical freshly capped pure, and she's impacted pretty hard by the update. If maneuver defense for characters are tuned up a bit across board, and the defense penalties from status such as stun/prone/injuries/whatever also gets toned down a little, it should resolve the issues most people have with this update while still keeping the original design goal intact.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    I think the update was just too overtuned in terms of maneuver defense. I saw Luxelle's build that she posted on the forums, she has 1x PF, 1x Perception, and 1x Dodge & .3x Combat Maneuvers with 5 ranks in Cdefense. Her maneuver defense should be already a good bit better than a typical freshly capped pure, and she's impacted pretty hard by the update. If maneuver defense for characters are tuned up a bit across board, and the defense penalties from status such as stun/prone/injuries/whatever also gets toned down a little, it should resolve the issues most people have with this update while still keeping the original design goal intact.
    I love how Naijin thinks the loss of 15-20 points of SMR defense isn't a big deal and he thinks soft leather is a big deal for protection against the maneuvers.....scale armor is a big difference over soft leather based on my experience. Soft leather and robes, you might as well just lay down and die.

Testing with my forest gnome I found he lost 14-15 points of SMR defense with the nerf. Then if 2 creatures are in the room and FoF is in effect, his SMR defense drops by 4 or 5 points and if a third one is in the room and FoF is even more, he loses another 4-5 points.

He effectively went from about a 15% chance to be hit by SMR maneuvers before the change to 30%. Toss a couple of creatures to trigger FoF and now it can get to 40% or higher. Tried him in robes and full leather - the maneuvers decimate him regardless of cloth or soft leather armor.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I love how Naijin thinks the loss of 15-20 points of SMR defense isn't a big deal and he thinks soft leather is a big deal for protection against the maneuvers.....scale armor is a big difference over soft leather based on my experience. Soft leather and robes, you might as well just lay down and die.

Testing with my forest gnome I found he lost 14-15 points of SMR defense with the nerf. Then if 2 creatures are in the room and FoF is in effect, his SMR defense drops by 4 or 5 points and if a third one is in the room and FoF is even more, he loses another 4-5 points.

He effectively went from about a 15% chance to be hit by SMR maneuvers before the change to 30%. Toss a couple of creatures to trigger FoF and now it can get to 40% or higher. Tried him in robes and full leather - the maneuvers decimate him regardless of cloth or soft leather armor.
    Naajin hates gnomes. You probably just died because he added an extra % chance for gnomes to die.