Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Naijin Fd up CMANs - Share & Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    That's really weird. I looked in my logs from when I used disarm on my empath (1x cman, 1x THW) recently and see different results. Here's a few against pirate captains, who should be like-leveled to the character, for comparison:

One thing I can think of that might be messing up your disarm would be if you were trying to do it in like, stance defensive, since attacker stance does affect the outcome. If you were already doing it in stance offensive, maybe the attacker's weapon skills also play a role - dunno for sure since I'm too lazy to dig through all the maneuver update stuff to verify, though.
    I'll stance dance around with it a bit, but yeah I thought that was rather odd to be that shitty against a person with 0 CM, and then even in the wild. Naijin should be punched in the dick for making this change.

2. Default

You never punch someone in the dick!
    I accepted free spells during an "automated third party promotion" from "the responsible party," but I only did it once, and I didn't hunt until after they wore off

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    You never punch someone in the dick!
    In certain situations, it's perfectly acceptable to punch someone in the dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    In certain situations, it's perfectly acceptable to punch someone in the dick.
    Some people actually like it. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Some people actually like it. Just saying.
    Gotta pay a little extra for the speed bagging, I think.

I called out Naijin on the officials about how he comments that the overall changes to CML going to SMRv2 is overall better, even though pures and semis have been commenting about how much harder maneuvers now hit and how much worse they are overall at defending against things with the loss of 20-30 SMRv2 defense and my post was pulled by asshat wearing Aulis claiming my post had "masked vulgarity" and it is against posting policy to use such phrases.

I'm sure he's calling my use of WTF "masked vulgarity" in this comment from my post:

"When my pures do get hit it usually means that low endrolls are a pain in the ass for my pures that lack crit padding and decent armor to offset some of the criticals. All my pures, even my reduxmage that's a full 1x in CM (and even has 2 ranks of Cunning Defense under his belt) has lost 20-30 points of SMRv2 defense with forward being the best defensive stance against SMRv2. Low, pathetic rolls of 103 have crit killed my pures before. They've caused rank 3 eye/neck/head wounds that caust instant kill. Or the break your leg or take it clean off....seriously, a 103 endroll, WTF? Low endrolls under the same skills that were CML didn't result in the horrific stuns or crit kills. You usually need a somewhat decent roll to cause major damage from these skills."

Aulis said to email him with any questions/concerns about it....so I emailed him about 6 hours ago asking why I've seen people flat out post on the forums, rudely insulting others and literally calling them douche bags, yet those posts never got pulled.

I have yet to hear back from him.

Again, the guy is an asshat.

I actually think the reason the post was pulled was because of my last paragraph that put Naijin on the spot:

"The overall change to things, while it looks better on paper is not better in overall experience from what I've been having and others have been saying. When pures and semis (as some have posted) are telling you that things are not better and are for the worse and why it is, you telling us that the change is "better" for pures doesn't fix the issue nor address our concerns."
    Last edited by drumpel; 03-24-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Yeah, saw that before it was pulled. Not surprised. You posted an opinion contrary to that of the mighty GMs, and they used the 'masked vulgarity' as a pretext to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    I called out Naijin on the officials about how he comments that the overall changes to CML going to SMRv2 is overall better, even though pures and semis have been commenting about how much harder maneuvers now hit and how much worse they are overall at defending against things with the loss of 20-30 SMRv2 defense and my post was pulled by asshat wearing Aulis claiming my post had "masked vulgarity" and it is against posting policy to use such phrases.

I'm sure he's calling my use of WTF "masked vulgarity" in this comment from my post:

"When my pures do get hit it usually means that low endrolls are a pain in the ass for my pures that lack crit padding and decent armor to offset some of the criticals. All my pures, even my reduxmage that's a full 1x in CM (and even has 2 ranks of Cunning Defense under his belt) has lost 20-30 points of SMRv2 defense with forward being the best defensive stance against SMRv2. Low, pathetic rolls of 103 have crit killed my pures before. They've caused rank 3 eye/neck/head wounds that caust instant kill. Or the break your leg or take it clean off....seriously, a 103 endroll, WTF? Low endrolls under the same skills that were CML didn't result in the horrific stuns or crit kills. You usually need a somewhat decent roll to cause major damage from these skills."

Aulis said to email him with any questions/concerns about it....so I emailed him about 6 hours ago asking why I've seen people flat out post on the forums, rudely insulting others and literally calling them douche bags, yet those posts never got pulled.

I actually think the reason the post was pulled was because of my last paragraph that put Naijin on the spot:

"The overall change to things, while it looks better on paper is not better in overall experience from what I've been having and others have been saying. When pures and semis (as some have posted) are telling you that things are not better and are for the worse and why it is, you telling us that the change is "better" for pures doesn't fix the issue nor address our concerns."
    Aulis has always a been a huge piece of shit and has no business being a moderator of anything. I've gone off on him plenty of times over emails over similar bullshit.

He might even be worse than Emeradan was.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-24-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Make the exact same post but leave out the WTF. Yeah the vulgarity thing is stupid but they're never going to drop it, so don't give them that "in" to pull your post.

10. Default

I called out Naijin on the officials about how he comments that the overall changes to CML going to SMRv2 is overall better, even though pures and semis have been commenting about how much harder maneuvers now hit and how much worse they are overall at defending against things with the loss of 20-30 SMRv2 defense...

..."The overall change to things, while it looks better on paper is not better in overall experience from what I've been having and others have been saying. When pures and semis (as some have posted) are telling you that things are not better and are for the worse and why it is, you telling us that the change is "better" for pures doesn't fix the issue nor address our concerns."
    I saw that post and thought it was reasonable. Like audioserf said, just post it there again without the WTF at the end. It had good points that people should see.

I actually find the overall way Naijin is responding disheartening. At first he tries to flat out dismiss people's concern with a canned response stating things should be better for all pures on all maneuvers, which sure as hell ain't true. When people, even some semis, disagreed he goes on to focus on and try to dismiss technical details from people's complaints & feedback. He just seemed weirdly defensive.

Generally, if you release a big new update to your game, and multiple customers are giving feedback that something feels off/buggy, or flat out tells you that the game is now less enjoyable, you just make tweaks to resolve the issue, that's all. Bugs can pop up, and sometimes a mechanic may be balanced, but still not fun to play. You just tweak things again, is all. No one's perfect and big updates & releases of this nature always require some fine tuning afterwards anyway. The way he buckled down and flat out ignored the overall message of these feedback is disappointing.