Page 81 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorists break into US Capitol Building

What's so embarrassing about this group is a total lack of understanding of the criminal justice system. The DOJ is gathering evidence and will present to a grand jury if there is sufficient evidence to indict. If so, then we'll have a trial. You, nor I decide that.

We don't try people by acclaim, nor do we do so according to popular opinion. We all here are spouting opinions, whether you agree or not that is all this is. Treating this like a tribunal is fucking bonkers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You, nor I decide that.
    I think you need to reread that some more.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

What's so embarrassing about this group is a total lack of understanding of the criminal justice system. The DOJ is gathering evidence and will present to a grand jury if there is sufficient evidence to indict. If so, then we'll have a trial. You, nor I decide that.

We don't try people by acclaim, nor do we do so according to popular opinion. We all here are spouting opinions, whether you agree or not that is all this is. Treating this like a tribunal is fucking bonkers.
    And you're being disingenuous. Literally NO ONE here said the people that acted stupidly on Jan 6, shouldn't be prosecuted. NO ONE. We actually understand there are consequences and those consequences should apply.

It's idiots like you that choose to pick and choose when it should apply, while ignoring the blatant violence and actions of others. That's the issue.

It wasn't an insurrection. It was a protest where people turned stupid and did stupid shit. They are RIGHTLY being prosecuted.

Just as all the jackasses that have perpetrated violence for the past year+ should fully be prosecuted, but for political reasons are not, because they are the jackboots of the Left.

Your hypocrisy is the destitute failures of indoctrination. Your blind stupidity, and lack of the application of reason, is why there is such a divide in this country - and the people you support only help foster that division.

It's sad and pathetic to watch. I'll never understand how someone so easily gives away their independent thinking, their self-awareness, their empathy. But somehow people are easily swayed and trade their own independent thought for group think that only harms themselves, and their neighbors.

We all here are spouting opinions
    Yes, and I'm telling you that your opinions are dumb. Nothing you have stated so far shows Trump incited anyone to do anything, even if a grand jury and even eventually a jury said otherwise doesn't change that fact.

You are also dumb for thinking someone stating a "belief" is evidence of anything at all, or that you think it should be used as evidence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    And you're being disingenuous. Literally NO ONE here said the people that acted stupidly on Jan 6, shouldn't be prosecuted. NO ONE. We actually understand there are consequences and those consequences should apply.

It's idiots like you that choose to pick and choose when it should apply, while ignoring the blatant violence and actions of others. That's the issue.

It wasn't an insurrection. It was a protest where people turned stupid and did stupid shit. They are RIGHTLY being prosecuted.

Just as all the jackasses that have perpetrated violence for the past year+ should fully be prosecuted, but for political reasons are not, because they are the jackboots of the Left.

Your hypocrisy is the destitute failures of indoctrination. Your blind stupidity, and lack of the application of reason, is why there is such a divide in this country - and the people you support only help foster that division.

It's sad and pathetic to watch. I'll never understand how someone so easily gives away their independent thinking, their self-awareness, their empathy. But somehow people are easily swayed and trade their own independent thought for group think that only harms themselves, and their neighbors.
    What do you think would have happened had all the guards just stepped aside and let the people into the House chambers? Do you think they would have just yelled and screamed?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    What do you think would have happened had all the guards just stepped aside and let the people into the House chambers? Do you think they would have just yelled and screamed?
    That is usually exactly how that building is. It is generally an open building.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Given that's exactly what has happened numerous times when "largely peaceful" protesters have flooded into state capitols over the years it's very likely that is all that would have happened.

Remember when tens of thousands of Democrats flooded the Wisconsin state house and were actually threatening the Republican members and the police basically let them have free reign over the capitol building for a few days? How come no innocent women were shot in the face during that riot?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That is usually exactly how that building is. It is generally an open building.
    Pretty sure you can't just walk into the house chamber. I could be wrong though.

No, I am not Drauz in game.

Video from inside the capitol shows that's exactly what they did. There's even the video with people on the chamber floor, having a casual talk with a police officer as the officer was asking them to leave and the dude was like "okay, just let me catch my breath".

It was a protest, where some people turned stupid. I'm all for them being prosecuted. The Left's attempt to to turn this into an "insurrection" is laughable. Just like them comparing it to 9-11 or Pearl Harbor is laughable.

For years - as shown with the links I posted earlier - Leftist "protestors" and "demonstrators" have for YEARS been occupying Federal buildings, courthouses, and even Congress to "protest", sometimes with violent effects... those were never called "insurrections"... I wonder why... huh...

Just like last summer when "protestors" threatened assault on the White House, and when Trump was moved to the Bunker, the media laughed and mocked him for it - even though the security professionals deemed the threat serious enough to do it. But instead of cries of "insurrection!!!" the Democrats claimed he was "weak".

The double standard is fucking pathetic. Double standards like this come from a side that bullies, threatens, and intimidates people into inaction - and eventually that type of treatment will have repercussions - it's a universal law.

Also, your question is disingenuous. I never said they should have entered. I've said multiple times they were idiots for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    How come no innocent women were shot in the face during that riot?
    Putting aside the fact that she wasn't innocent, you seem particularly taken with the notion that Ashli Babbitt was "shot in the face."

Why do you keep using that phrase? You know she wasn't shot in the face, right? Have you just devolved into believing whatever you want to believe at this point?