Page 164 of 172 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1714

Thread: Terrorists break into US Capitol Building

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    And never forget... contesting an election is an attempt to overthrow it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/o...ral-votes.html

"Democrats Have Been Shameless About Your Presidential Vote Too"

"After the 2000, 2004 and 2016 elections, they objected to counting electoral totals."

So apparently.. the Democrats have tried 3 times now (unsuccessfully) to overthrow a duly elected President and committed an "insurrection"...

I guess all of them should be put in jail.
    You're allowed to contest elections. No one is calling that corrupt. Filing 60 court cases with no evidence as part of a strategy to create confusion and undermine faith in the election system really isn't okay. But it is within a campaign's rights.

What Trump did and has been doing goes far beyond contesting an election. His campaign was setting up fake slates of electors and having them submit paperwork claiming they were real. Some of them even showed up to try to vote. That's blatantly illegal, and that's not contesting an election- that's trying to overthrow it.

Mounting pressure campaigns to get state Legislatures to convene and try to overthrow the results of their own elections by sending out slates of fake electors who weren't chosen by the people isn't "contesting" an election. It's overriding the will of the people.

Calling election officials and demanding that they "find" the exact number of votes you need to win isn't "contesting" an election. It's corruption.

Pressuring the Vice President to just decide not to count certain electoral votes despite being told repeatedly that it's both illegal and unconstitutional isn't "contesting" an election. That's called overthrowing democracy.

And finally, gathering armed right wing, white nationalist extremists, stoking their anger, and sending them out to attack the US Capitol at the exact date and time that the election results were being certified is NOT "contesting" an election. It's a fucking armed insurrection.

So just stop. Seriously- just stop. What the fuck are you even doing right now? Have you taken 5 fucking minutes to ask yourself what happens if we make this the new norm? Do you think your party is the only one who can abuse the system and try to overthrow the government? Do you think that the people who are willing to break every law, to dismantle your democracy, and to literally send mobs out to kill other elected officials are going to turn around afterwards and dedicate their lives to serving your needs and the needs of the American people?

Just. Fucking. Stop.

This isn't a game. This shit is real, and we came fucking close to someone taking our democracy away. And when that happens- they don't give it back. Ever.

2. Default

A President of the United States of America knowingly and intentionally gathered an armed mob of white nationalists and neo-nazis and sent them to attack other elected officials to stop them from certifying the election he lost. And the thing he was most upset about that day was that he wasn't able to lead them in the attack as he had originally planned.

Are you really so far gone at this point that there's no part of your brain that recognizes that as a little bit of red flag? Is there really nothing in you that's able to step back and say "Maybe that's NOT the side I want to be on"?

Maybe the people who are against the armed insurrection by neo-nazis to overthrow an election aren't the bad guys. Is there any little voice in your brain that's still willing to consider that possibility?

This isn't a Republican vs Democrat or Liberal vs Conservative issue here. It's a pro-democracy vs pro-authoritarianism issue. It's the armed neo nazis trying to overthrow the government vs the people who want to keep deciding who is in power based on elections, issue.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    You're allowed to contest elections. No one is calling that corrupt. Filing 60 court cases with no evidence as part of a strategy to create confusion and undermine faith in the election system really isn't okay. But it is within a campaign's rights.

What Trump did and has been doing goes far beyond contesting an election. His campaign was setting up fake slates of electors and having them submit paperwork claiming they were real. Some of them even showed up to try to vote. That's blatantly illegal, and that's not contesting an election- that's trying to overthrow it.

Mounting pressure campaigns to get state Legislatures to convene and try to overthrow the results of their own elections by sending out slates of fake electors who weren't chosen by the people isn't "contesting" an election. It's overriding the will of the people.

Calling election officials and demanding that they "find" the exact number of votes you need to win isn't "contesting" an election. It's corruption.

Pressuring the Vice President to just decide not to count certain electoral votes despite being told repeatedly that it's both illegal and unconstitutional isn't "contesting" an election. That's called overthrowing democracy.

And finally, gathering armed right wing, white nationalist extremists, stoking their anger, and sending them out to attack the US Capitol at the exact date and time that the election results were being certified is NOT "contesting" an election. It's a fucking armed insurrection.

So just stop. Seriously- just stop. What the fuck are you even doing right now? Have you taken 5 fucking minutes to ask yourself what happens if we make this the new norm? Do you think your party is the only one who can abuse the system and try to overthrow the government? Do you think that the people who are willing to break every law, to dismantle your democracy, and to literally send mobs out to kill other elected officials are going to turn around afterwards and dedicate their lives to serving your needs and the needs of the American people?

Just. Fucking. Stop.

This isn't a game. This shit is real, and we came fucking close to someone taking our democracy away. And when that happens- they don't give it back. Ever.
    When. Is. The. Next. Episode. Of. Nancy's. Kangaroo. Court?
    https://stopthemadness.gop/
    https://snowflakevictory.com/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

A President of the United States of America knowingly and intentionally gathered an armed mob of white nationalists and neo-nazis and sent them to attack other elected officials to stop them from certifying the election he lost. And the thing he was most upset about that day was that he wasn't able to lead them in the attack as he had originally planned.
    How is your fan fiction coming along these days? You manage to get anyone to read your shit?

So let's just be blunt here.

The President of the United States- the leader of the free world- knowingly sent an armed mob of far right, white nationalists to the seat of that democracy to attack another branch of government and his own Vice President so he could prevent them from removing him from power. And he had every intention of leading that armed mob there himself.

It was a literal attack on our democracy. For the first time since the founding of this nation, a US President tried to violently take control of the country instead of honoring our American ideal of a peaceful transition of power.

And you're not just avoiding the subject but are actively criticizing the people who are trying to save your democracy.

What I don't understand is why you're bothering with this ridiculous and exhausting game of pretending like it's not a big deal just so you can avoid being an adult and admitting what everyone here knows- and has known for a long time: you wanted the white nationalist authoritarian to successfully topple the government and stay in power. You preferred that he desecrate every sacred American democratic ideal our nation was founded on. Sacrificing democracy was not a consequential loss to you in the grand scheme of things.

What I'm driving at here is that the sheer cowardice you and your little pack of cronies embody every day is almost stunning. You can't even bring yourself to be honest about the situation and your stance on an anonymous game forum.

It's just so pathetic and childish.
    It's because no matter how dramatic or full of straw mans you make your posts, nobody believes you or takes you seriously (except Seran, he's the only one dumb enough). Or them. And you've all spent the past 6 years shitting your pants about literally everything because of your chronic Trump butthurt while being wrong 100% of the time.

And it makes you extremely upset that nobody here (again, except Seran because he's too stupid) takes you seriously and everyone (except Seran) sees through your ultra predictable bullshit, whether it's 487320943 PhDs, paying more in taxes than what everyone else here combined earns in a year, years and years of nonstop crying about Trump, etc.

But anyway...are things heating up yet? Like really heating up, for super duper extra cereal this time unlike the previous 8473204327084 times where things were really heating up and Trump would be in a jail cell any minute now?
    Last edited by Methais; 06-29-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This isn't a Republican vs Democrat or Liberal vs Conservative issue here. It's a pro-democracy vs pro-authoritarianism issue. It's the armed neo nazis trying to overthrow the government vs the people who want to keep deciding who is in power based on elections, issue.
    Funny how you only say that when someone's going after a republican but you shut the fuck up with the quickness whenever a democrat is under a microscope.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Are you really so far gone at this point that there's no part of your brain that recognizes that as a little bit of red flag? Is there really nothing in you that's able to step back and say "Maybe that's NOT the side I want to be on"?

Maybe the people who are against the armed insurrection by neo-nazis to overthrow an election aren't the bad guys. Is there any little voice in your brain that's still willing to consider that possibility?

It can’t be easy to live with that kind of constant irrational fear…

Blog Entries

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

It's not about having a spine. DoJ is in a lose/lose situation. Trump has very much indicated that he's thinking of running for President. Do we want to set a precedent that it's okay for sitting Presidents to use the Department of Justice to go after their political opponents? That's literally what Trump tried to do with Ukraine/Biden (only way worse since he was also blackmailing a foreign country into meddling in our election after the DoJ refused to do it for him). And it's a hallmark of autocracies.

And what happens if they do? Remember that armed militia of white nationalist extremists? What kind of violence might come out of indicting Trump?

On the flip side though, do we want to set a precedent where a President can do the worst possible things any President could do to their democracy and just get away with it?

This isn't about the presence or absence of a spine. These are weighty issues.

One interesting consequence of the January 6th hearings though is that in a lot of ways, they're forcing the DoJ's hand. The DoJ can't sit back and do nothing in light of the evidence coming out of the hearings. It's also making any moves they make look less political in the process. I don't think that's an accident. I think the DoJ was very much the primary audience in the January 6th committee's minds.
    This has nothing to do with an actual "ZOMGINSURECTION!!!" and everything to do with Democrats trying to "ban" Trump from running again.

That's it.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    You've spent the past 6 years being wrong, stupid, gullible, and full of shit.
    time4fun has been wrong, stupid, gullible and full of shit far longer than 6 years.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.