Page 162 of 187 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1862

Thread: Terrorists break into US Capitol Building

I honestly thought Democrats had given up on the hearings because they have been an embarrassing failure for Democrats, but I guess the Serans and time4funs of the world will forever willingly be fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    My question was not relevant to the video.

Since you politely demanded, not asked, here is your brief summary of the video: Some no-name woman wanting to make a name for herself testified a bunch of lies because she was jealous that Trump refused to grab her by the pussy.

What do I win?
    She named many names today. If she’s lying, they can sit under oath, like she did, and refute what she said.

What exactly does she have to gain from this? She’s now a target for the lunatic MAGA and Fox News crowds (which includes yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I honestly thought Democrats had given up on the hearings because they have been an embarrassing failure for Democrats, but I guess the Serans and time4funs of the world will forever willingly be fooled.
    You probably give up on football games at the end of the 1st quarter huh?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    What exactly does she have to gain from this? She’s now a target for the lunatic MAGA and Fox News crowds (which includes yourself).
    Same thing Jussie Smollett stood to gain… The adoration & praise from woke SJW simps and MSNBC crowds (which includes yourself).

Did Shaft really pull out the "believe women" "what does she have to gain from lying" fallacy?

I feel embarrassed for you, Shaft. Maybe someday you'll manage to pull your head out of your rectum and stop saying such stupid things.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressed Poet View Post
    Same thing Jussie Smollett stood to gain… The adoration & praise from woke SJW simps and MSNBC crowds (which includes yourself).
    I don't think you understand the situation here for her.

First, part of why they moved the hearing up at the last minute is because they were concerned for her safety. The committee has been somewhat vague on this point, but the implication has been that people knew how much she knew. And it was bad enough that she has to have personal security. And in the hearing today, they had to clear the front rows for security reasons.

She's now opened herself up to dangerous harassment and death threats. Not just her but the people she loves. And if you had been watching the hearings at all, you would know some of the horrific things that have happened to people who have dared to speak the truth that counters his lies. Trump has a long history of putting targets on peoples' backs.

More than that- this woman's career is in Republican politics. She just destroyed that career. She's radioactive at this point, and no one is going to go near her. She's going to have to figure out something else to do with her life.

The fact that you think this was a good thing for her is absolutely insane. More to the point, you've just decided she's a liar because it's convenient for you to believe that. You don't even know what she said today.

Since you very obviously have avoided learning much- if anything- about these hearings.. the witnesses are mostly die hard Trump supporters and often members of his own administration. And there's every incentive for them to keep their mouths shut.

But some people care more about their democracy than a person who would knowingly try to overthrow the incoming government through numerous nefarious means including sending violent, armed mobs of white nationalists to attack Congress on the exact date and at the exact time when the election results were being formally certified.

You said not that long ago that you were waiting for evidence that Trump was the center of a big conspiracy. But you're doing everything in your power to avoid being exposed to that evidence. I

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So let's just be blunt here.

The President of the United States- the leader of the free world- knowingly sent an armed mob of far right, white nationalists to the seat of that democracy to attack another branch of government and his own Vice President so he could prevent them from removing him from power. And he had every intention of leading that armed mob there himself.

It was a literal attack on our democracy. For the first time since the founding of this nation, a US President tried to violently take control of the country instead of honoring our American ideal of a peaceful transition of power.

And you're not just avoiding the subject but are actively criticizing the people who are trying to save your democracy.

What I don't understand is why you're bothering with this ridiculous and exhausting game of pretending like it's not a big deal just so you can avoid being an adult and admitting what everyone here knows- and has known for a long time: you wanted the white nationalist authoritarian to successfully topple the government and stay in power. You preferred that he desecrate every sacred American democratic ideal our nation was founded on. Sacrificing democracy was not a consequential loss to you in the grand scheme of things.

What I'm driving at here is that the sheer cowardice you and your little pack of cronies embody every day is almost stunning. You can't even bring yourself to be honest about the situation and your stance on an anonymous game forum.

It's just so pathetic and childish.
    I think I've been pretty clear for some while now. I find you and your political goals to be as unsavory as the federal government is corrupt. Your problem is that you're trying to defeat Trump the politician, where your fault in this is, Trump represents an idea.

I really do find your wailing and gnashing of teeth to be entertaining, though, I suggest you learn to swim.

Last edited by Neveragain; 06-29-2022 at 01:58 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I don't think you understand the situation here for her.

First, part of why they moved the hearing up at the last minute is because they were concerned for her safety. The committee has been somewhat vague on this point, but the implication has been that people knew how much she knew. And it was bad enough that she has to have personal security. And in the hearing today, they had to clear the front rows for security reasons.

She's now opened herself up to dangerous harassment and death threats. Not just her but the people she loves. And if you had been watching the hearings at all, you would know some of the horrific things that have happened to people who have dared to speak the truth that counters his lies. Trump has a long history of putting targets on peoples' backs.

More than that- this woman's career is in Republican politics. She just destroyed that career. She's radioactive at this point, and no one is going to go near her. She's going to have to figure out something else to do with her life.

The fact that you think this was a good thing for her is absolutely insane. More to the point, you've just decided she's a liar because it's convenient for you to believe that. You don't even know what she said today.

Since you very obviously have avoided learning much- if anything- about these hearings.. the witnesses are mostly die hard Trump supporters and often members of his own administration. And there's every incentive for them to keep their mouths shut.

But some people care more about their democracy than a person who would knowingly try to overthrow the incoming government through numerous nefarious means including sending violent, armed mobs of white nationalists to attack Congress on the exact date and at the exact time when the election results were being formally certified.

You said not that long ago that you were waiting for evidence that Trump was the center of a big conspiracy. But you're doing everything in your power to avoid being exposed to that evidence. I
    Has any actual new evidence been presented that ties Trump to an actual crime? Nope. It’s political theater targeted to people like you & many others that get their jollies off hating on the bad orange man. Nobody else outside that target audience cares or believes that our democracy (it’s a constitutional republic but whatevs) is under attack.

Wait... did Dr Blasey Ford just testify?

Wait... or was it Trump / Russian collusion again?

Wait... or was it "mostly safe protests" as fires burned?

I get confused with all of these bombshell accounts. When people (on a certain side) believe what they hear, more than what they see...

And never forget... contesting an election is an attempt to overthrow it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/06/o...ral-votes.html

"Democrats Have Been Shameless About Your Presidential Vote Too"

"After the 2000, 2004 and 2016 elections, they objected to counting electoral totals."

So apparently.. the Democrats have tried 3 times now (unsuccessfully) to overthrow a duly elected President and committed an "insurrection"...

I guess all of them should be put in jail.