Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CS Ranger build from infancy

Blog Entries

Default CS Ranger build from infancy

So I am going to play around and have a little fun but I rolled a Ranger and here is my current setup. The focus is on being a CS caster purely. Going Voln and will update as the Journey continues!

Raenar (at level 3), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 20 4
    Shield Use.........................| 20 4
    Edged Weapons......................| 40 8
    Physical Fitness...................| 20 4
    Dodging............................| 20 4
    Harness Power......................| 50 10
    Survival...........................| 30 6
    Perception.........................| 20 4

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 2

Spell Lists
    Ranger.............................| 3
    Last edited by Orthin; 01-07-2021 at 05:06 PM. Reason: tweaked build slightly
    Discord - Daedo Meesh'Bodes#3464

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

I would do sword and board or ranged for defense. Not sure where you’re going with the TWC/brawling.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I would do sword and board or ranged for defense. Not sure where you’re going with the TWC/brawling.
    I honestly didn't know either I just thought the open hand would help but it looks as though 603 is cast only so guessing the open hand situation isn't needed. I will tweak it now, those extra couple points will be nice!

You could drop all the weapon and unarmed, and go strictly caster. 2x in spell aim, carry a runestaff, and be a CS and bolters. 611 has a bolt option, although that would be mana intensive. Supplement with wands as needed. Hunting undead, get a cleric to bless a bunch of aquamarine wands, and you can holy bolt your way through things with all the wands.

That's my plan for a baby ranger, as soon as they hit 15 trains. And that's only because I have a really nice 6x runestaff I want them to use, so I'm 2HW my way through tings until then.

If there was a SK 306 item out there, I'd even consider buying that.

I disagree with going sword/board if you want to max out your CS/magic skills. 2x brawl/1 rank TWC is cheaper. If you want to max out your DS sword/board is better but brawling isn't that far behind. You can even use 102 with brawling to close the gap. Not to mention it doesn't effect MM which will still allow you to be effective at UCS attacks.

By the way, don't forget that with the new changes, you can make your own 603 rods with Imbue and basically never run out of mana on a hunt.

Blog Entries

I may swap to runestaff later on but I am using this build on a Hardcore Toon at the moment so DS is critical for me and I can't use outside spells or anything I cannot buy myself at the pawnshop so it will limit my growth in that capacity, otherwise my cleric could be a mana battery for lil man.

Whats this about Imbue making 603 rods? Could I actually do that AT 14 (assuming I had the spell) or would I have to be like level 30 to really enjoy that luxury?

You need SMC ranks to make the rods without too much trouble but 5-10 will do. See the release guide I linked in the ranger changes thread.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 12-31-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Not far along by any stretch but update incoming (literally no one asked).

This is a hardcore toon but was able to afford and buy some 2x armor and +11 shield. CS is 44 which is ripping through lvl 1-4 stuff I am hunting. DS in guarded is around 140ish so pretty much untouchable with what I am hunting which is perfect.

Raenar (at level 7), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Armor Use..........................| 40 8
    Shield Use.........................| 40 8
    Edged Weapons......................| 74 16
    Physical Fitness...................| 40 8
    Dodging............................| 40 8
    Harness Power......................| 82 18
    Spirit Mana Control................| 15 3
    Survival...........................| 54 11
    Perception.........................| 40 8
    First Aid..........................| 15 3

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 3

Spell Lists
    Ranger.............................| 6

10. Default

How is this working out thus far? The revamped ranger spells brought me back to the game and want to try a pure druid build. Problem is I don't know what to expect later in the game. The highest I've ever trained is 18, and that was well over 10 years ago. Could I even survive with 8x magic skills and a good runestaff? Of course as much cman and dodge as I can fit too.