1. Default Error with Repo

I get the following error when trying to do anything with the repository:

>;repo list
    --- Lich: repository active.
    --- Lich: error: SSL_read: tlsv1 alert internal error
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/openssl/buffering.rb:54:in `sysread'
    C:/Ruby200/lib/ruby/2.0.0/openssl/buffering.rb:54:in `fill_rbuff'
    --- Lich: repository has exited.

I'm definitely not a coder, so i have no idea what to do. Any thoughts?

2. Default

I know it's been several weeks, I had the same exact issue. Gotta update your Ruby version, I was on 2.0 and now am on 2.5, no problems now.

3. Default

I'm just about computer illiterate and tried to update my ruby. Things got screwy and I completely deleted Ruby and Lich. I tried to install Ruby and Lich per the instructions on the wiki: https://gswiki.play.net/Lich_(software)/Installation

Everything seemed to go fine until I tried to log in, then I get this error message:

SGE Error.png

Any help would be appreciated.

That path doesn't look right. Are you sure you did this, step by step including uninstalling correctly? Perhaps you are running an old shortcut you made?

Install Guide for Lich Version 4.6.58 (as of January 5th, 2021)
    These steps are required...

1) Uninstall ALL existing Ruby installations. This includes deleting all existing Ruby folders (they should be located in the root C:\ drive folder).

2) Run the installer created by Doug ( http://bit.ly/WinLich ). Do NOT restart the computer if prompted (just cancel that message). The install will seem like it isn't doing anything when there's a black box on the screen, but just give it some time. When the installer window itself goes away it's done.

3) Log in and do -> ;repo download-lich <- and then exit the game. This is required for things to work proper.

4) Log in and do -> ;repo download repository <- and wait the few seconds for it to finish. This is required for the repository to work proper.

5) Do -> ;repo download-mapdb <- and wait the few seconds for it to finish. This is required for map related components to work proper.

These steps are optional, but highly recommended...

6) Do -> ;repo download jinx <- and wait the few seconds for it to finish. This is an alternative, maintained by Elanthia Online, to the Lich repository to facilitate downloading/updating scripts when the repository is offline.

7) Do -> ;jinx script update infomon.lic <- and wait the few seconds for it to finish. After it's downloaded do -> ;repo unset-updatable infomon.lic <- to prevent Lich from replacing it with an outdated version. Finally, do -> ;kill infomon <- and then -> ;infomon <- to restart infomon. This version of infomon is maintained by Elanthia Online to allow quicker updating as the game changes.

8) Do -> ;jinx data update spell-list.xml <- and wait the few seconds for it to finish. After it's downloaded do -> ;repo unset-updatable spell-list.xml <- to prevent Lich from replacing it with an outdated version. Finally, do -> ;e Spell.load <- to load the new data. This version of spell-list.xml is maintained by Elanthia Online to allow quicker updating as the game changes.

9) Do -> ;jinx data update autostart.lic <- and wait the few seconds for it to finish. After it's downloaded do -> ;repo unset-updatable autostart.lic <- to preven Lich from replacing it with an outdated version. This fixes an issue with the repository not checking for updates at startup. This may also introduce an unknown result with go2 and narost on a fresh install so just be aware.

*** PLEASE BE AWARE that Jinx currently does not have a way to auto update itself, or infomon and spell-list. This ability is on the list of features to be implemented at some point in the near future. As a result, be mindful of checking your versions from time to time or asking in the GemStone #scripting channel on Discord to see if there's been any significant updates recently. ***
    10) Welcome to GemStone IV!
    I don't want the world; I just want your half.
    Discord BigNasty#8519

Right click your lich.rbw file and select properties. Then change the file to point to the new GUI ruby (rubyw.exe). Right now it's pointed to the location of the old one.