Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what i'm wearing

1. Default what i'm wearing

You are wearing a string of crimson fel beads with a black great wolf charm, a miniature wax memorial candle amulet, a silver dragon talisman, a forest green veniom-threaded greatcloak, a gold and peridot barrette, a silver dragon-shaped emblem, a pure silver Aspis pin, a splotch of dried blood, an ancient Black Wolf armband, a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Argent Aspis, a leather tabard displaying the emblem of a great black wolf with bared fangs, a silver scaled dragon mask with dark hollowed eyes, a lead-bound ceramic badge, a soft deep brown suede satchel slung over your shoulder, a spiked veil iron buckler slung over your other shoulder, a tanned leather knapsack, a blue forging apron embroidered with forging glyphs over some embossed spiked vultite full plate, a pair of knitted bright silvery and hunter green gloves, an argent signet, a smooth bone ring pierced by tiny crystal shards, a miniscule gargoyle ring, a dragon-inset mithril signet ring, a sun-etched gold ring, an archaic urglaes reliquary, a white fox fur kilt, and a pair of heavy green wool socks with ribbed cuffs under a pair of dark suede boots.
    Suggestions to finetune/improve my appearance?

Thanks!
    /LizardClan1/

I follow a few basic rules for inventory:
    1. Anything more than 2 lines of text doesn't get seen.
    2. Have a theme and focus on items that contribute to it. (yours seems to be the black wolf, so drill down on that with subtlety, dont just wear five items with "black wolf" in the name)
    3. Fundamentals: Cloak, pants, boots, armor, 1-2 primary containers.
    4. Jewelry: like in real life, less is more. AG armoires, griffin pins, shimmer trinkets are your friends
    5. picture how you want your character to look and then create it with as few words/items as possible
    Discord: Jivan#1805

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LizardClan1 View Post
    Suggestions to finetune/improve my appearance?

Thanks!
    /LizardClan1/
    generally less is more. Go read a bunch of fantasy novels and see how they describe characters. Usually, 2 to 3 sentences at most and sometimes just a single line.
    Last edited by Skeletor; 12-23-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Blog Entries

I try to limit jewelry to a ring and a necklace (enhancives notwithstanding).

You have a tabard over another tabard, over a forging apron, over your armor which would look kinda weird IRL. Maybe keep just a tabard and your armor.

I don't know how well the silver/white/green/blue/brown color scheme goes together but it seems a little off.
    Last edited by Taernath; 12-23-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

sort auto headtotoe

If you were into say snakes, it would be something like this:

You are wearing a wide brim snake scale hat with snake fang trimming, a shirt that shimmers subtly (being subtle is cool now) with snakes crawling across a blackened hellish sky, snake skin boots with a rattlesnake head made of nightmares capping each toe and a cloak that hisses and rattles as you move with scenes of writhing snakes that are too frightening to look at.
    Last edited by azim17; 12-23-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azim17 View Post
    If you were into say snakes, it would be something like this:

You are wearing a wide brim snake scale hat with snake fang trimming, a shirt that shimmers subtly (being subtle is cool now) with snakes crawling across a blackened hellish sky, snake skin boots with a rattlesnake head made of nightmares capping each toe and a cloak that hisses and rattles as you move with scenes of writhing snakes that are too frightening to look at.
    You have been made a moderator of r/luukos
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

You don't need enhancives on like your AG badge, unless you're specifically using it for LOG or DIS or something. I stash all of mine away and then have a WEAR script (and a REMOVE script too) to look like I'm wearing less.

Annnd there's always shimmer trinkets, which I find really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

9. Default

How's this?

You are wearing a string of crimson fel beads with a black great wolf charm, a silver dragon talisman, a forest green veniom-threaded greatcloak, a silver dragon-shaped emblem, a pure silver Aspis pin, a splotch of dried blood, an ancient Black Wolf armband, a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Argent Aspis, a soft deep brown suede satchel slung over your shoulder, a spiked veil iron buckler slung over your other shoulder, a tanned leather knapsack, some embossed spiked vultite full plate, a smooth bone ring pierced by tiny crystal shards, a sun-etched gold ring, a white fox fur kilt, and a pair of dark suede boots.

Much better. Everything you see has meaning and there is no redundancy. Looks good.