Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins

Blog Entries

Congrats on the open roll.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The boys are home. Let the insanity commence.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Have fun, and congrats again!
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Grats man. As with anything, the things that require the most responsibility and effort are also the most rewarding. Adapt well, be the best father you can, and enjoy yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEschaton View Post
    Are our lives now so fragmented and depersonalized that things we should already be doing, like saving those in danger and feeding the homeless, have suddenly become the actions of heroes?

-TheE-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Will be increasing our household from 2 to 4 on Tuesday. Great googly moogly. Life is about to get crazy.
    Yes. Crazy good though.

Congratulations on your new and improved family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Congratulations Daddy!! Enjoy your sweet boys. What a great holiday season for you and your wife!
    Maags#2011

You give your flop-eared kitten an affectionate smooch and place it carefully on the ground, and it gazes about with wide curious eyes.
    A flurry of air blows by you!
    A poofy piebald flop-eared kitten is suddenly picked up by the wind and blown up!

Update: boys are doing great, but dad is nearly dead from exhaustion. With covid being around, it's almost impossible to find a nanny. This sucks. Nannying pays more than teaching right now. I'm fortunate to work for a supper supportive company that gave me a nice chunk of parental leave, but it's gone now.

The boys are awesome. They're growing, and learning, and all that good stuff, and bonding with their mom and dad. It's pretty fantastic, even if it is tiring.

Some statistics:

We change approximately 100 diapers per week.
    They pee and poop a lot.
    Feed them 7 bottles per day each, plus solid food 3x a day.
    In one month, we've fattened them up from the 11th percentile to the 61st!
    We get about 5-6 hours of sleep per day. They get 11. Dad covers the night shift, from 10pm-3am, then mom covers 3-8am.

We're looking to buy a bigger house.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Congrats and sympathies both. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant right now, so we'll be there with you soon, though we'll only have the one.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Congrats and sympathies both. My wife is 37 weeks pregnant right now, so we'll be there with you soon, though we'll only have the one.
    Congrats!

Update:

New house found and purchase agreement signed. We close May 14th.
    Nanny found, though she's been sick most of this week. Otherwise she's doing a good job.
    The boys are now hard core crawlers, and one of them is now obsessed with pulling himself up to standing.
    First word from both boys: dada. I'm not lying when I say it's awesome when their faces light up when I enter the room.
    All major hurdles around the adoption have been cleared. We are down to about 4-5 months of paperwork and review by the state before it should be final.
    Bad news: I ended up with an infected finger that spread up my arm to the elbow overnight. Was in the hospital for 2 days.
    Good news: I still have the arm (and the finger), and I'm home! Infection stopped but not 100% gone just yet.
    Also good news: wife managed to survive without me, with the help of our rock solid network of friends and family.

Peace all